Thursday, February 2, 2017
2017 Bookish Resolutions Challenge January Update
The 2017 Bookish Resolutions Challenge is hosted by Laura @ Trips Down Imagination Road and Michelle @ Because Reading and you can sign up at this link. For this challenge you must have 2 of 3 main goals, Blogging, Reading, and/or Personal and then subcategories for these goals.
1. Read at least 6 Classics. I barely missed this goal last year and definitely want to reach it this year. No classics so far, but maybe this month.
2. Read at least 70 books this year. I gave up on keeping track of books last year and I want to challenge myself to keep up with it this year. I am up to 7 books, so not too bad so far.
3. Finish at least 4 series. I did not reach it last year, but I want to try again this year. No series finished yet.
4. Blog at least 10 times a month. I almost met this goal last year and am trying again this year. I blogged 14 times in January, so good so far.
5. Complete at least half of the challenges I sign up for this year. I came very close to completing this goal, but not quite. I am slowing signing up this year. None completed so far, but I have started 3 of them.
6. Be more active commenting on blogs and on Twitter. By more active, I mean getting on Twitter and/or commenting on blogs at least once a week. Not too bad so far, I have tweeted quite a bit and commented on a few blogs.
7. Review at least half of the books I read. I basically just stopped writing reviews by the end of the year and I would like to do better with this in 2017. I still need to review one new book and I am going to do a combined review of my rereads, but not too bad so far.
8. Lose at least 20 pounds. I gained back most of what I lost last year and then some, so I would love to lose that weight again and maintain the weight loss. I had lost a little last time I weighed, but this will be a work in progress.
9. Eat and drink healthier. I would like to eat at least a vegetable or fruit a week. I eat horribly and am not in good shape. I would also like to cut down on sodas, because that is all I have been drinking lately. I only had two ginger ales after the first of the month, and both were because I was sick. I have been eating oranges and putting lemons in my water, so I am doing okay here.
10. Exercise more. I would love to exercise at least a few times a month and possibly up this to a few times a week as I get in a bit better shape. I don't want to push things too fast, so for the first month or so, I would like to exercise at least 3 times a month. I exercised at least 4 times this month and am hoping to do better in February.
I am happy with my progress so far. How are you all doing?