Saturday, June 4, 2016

2016 Bookish Resolutions Challenge April and May Update


 BookishResolution Challenge 2016
The 2016 Bookish Resolutions Challenge is hosted by Laura @ Trips Down Imagination Road and Michelle @ Because Reading and you can sign up at this link. For this challenge you must have 2 of 3 main goals, Blogging, Reading, and/or Personal and then subcategories for these goals. So I didn't update at all in April and honestly I did awful in both April and May, so I am going to admit my defeats and try to improve in June!!!



My goals:

Reading Goals

1. Read at least 6 Classics. This was a goal I barely completed last year, but something I want to continue doing. So far I have only finished Peter Pan, but hopefully I can get into another classic soon. Still have only finished Peter Pan, but have started Frankenstein.
2. Read at least 70 books this year. I did not do this as a goal for the Bookish Resolution last year, but I did have it as a goal. I just missed it by 8 books, so I want to challenge myself on it this time.  I finished 30 books now, but I need to really work on finishing more this month.
3. Finish at least 4 series. I did well with this last year, but I have several more series that I did not finish. I have finally finished one series! Hoping to start another series ending book soon!

Blogging Goals

4. Blog at least 10 times a month. I met this goal for 7 out of 12 months, so I want to try this one again. I blogged 18 times in April, so good there, but barely reached 10 in May. I hope to work on this more next month.
5. Complete at least half of the challenges I sign up for this year. I came very close to completing this goal, but not quite. I will be signing up for challenges soon. I have started all my challenges so far this year! I know I have a reading challenge addiction, but it is so much fun! I have met goals in a couple of them, but still working on reading more.
6. Be more active commenting on blogs and on Twitter. By more active, I mean getting on Twitter and commenting on blogs at least once a week. Twitter is going well, but I need to be looking at blogs more. With summer reading, I will probably only want to come home and veg out on the computer, so I am hoping to do better this month.
7. Review at least half of the books I read. I basically just stopped writing reviews at the end of the year and I would like to do better with this in 2016. So far I have reviewed 27 out of 30 books and I hope to review one more book out of those read, so I am excelling at this one! 

Personal Goals

8. Lose at least 20 pounds. We are going to try Biggest Loser at work and our theme this year is Libraries Transform, which is ALA's theme. I gained back most of what I lost last year, so I would love to lose that weight again and maintain the weight loss. HaHaHa. I have gained back at least 5 of the 10 pounds I had lost. I have been stress eating like none other and not exercising at all, unless you count walking to the fridge and cabinets to get more food!
9. Eat and drink healthier. I would like to eat at least a vegetable or fruit a day. I eat horribly and am not in good shape. I would also like to cut down on coffee and sodas, because that is all I have been drinking lately. HaHaHa. Coffee and sodas are my best friends and I went a few days without veggies and fruit. I am starting to do better with eating fruit now that it is summer and I found a tangerine balsamic that I love, so I am eating salads more. I am going to try to cut down on sodas again. I think coffee is here to stay, but if I can work on the sodas I will be happy. June has to be better!!!
10. Exercise more. I would love to exercise at least a few times a month and possibly up this to a few times a week as I get in a bit better shape. I don't want to push things too fast, so for the first month or so, I would like to exercise at least 3 times a month. I don't remember the last time I exercised, some time in April I think. I will be moving around more with summer reading, but I have to start back exercising really soon!!

Hope everyone is doing a bit better with their goals than I am, but June is a new month and I am going to work harder this month. 


No comments:

Post a Comment