Sunday, May 8, 2016

May My TBR List

MyTBRList

This is hosted by Michelle @ Because Reading. Each month you pick three books on your TBR list and people vote on the one you should read that month. I finished last month's book, hooray! This month I am picking books from the series Once Upon A Time, which is retellings of fairy tales by different authors. This will help with the Retellings Challenge that I signed up for this year.

First Choice:
The Rose Bride: A Retelling of "The White Bride and the Black Bride" (Once Upon a Time Fairytales)
Simon Pulse

I haven't heard of the story "The White Bride and the Black Bride," but supposedly this has a Cinderella twist too.

Second Choice:
The Diamond Secret (Once Upon a Time Fairytales)
Simon Pulse


This is not as much a fairy tale twist as it is a retelling of the story of Anastasia, one of the murdered Russian family and what might have happened if she survived.

Third Choice:
Midnight Pearls: A Retelling of The Little Mermaid
Simon Pulse

This one is a retelling of the Little Mermaid in which she is raised by a family after being rescued from the sea.


14 comments:

  1. What great choices! I went with Midnight Pearls. I hope you enjoy whichever wins!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I have enjoyed all of them in this series so far.

      Delete
  2. I voted for the Diamond Secret as the cover is nice and I really enjoyed the Disney movie about Anastasia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to vote for the Diamond Secret because that cover is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I picked the Diamond Secret, beautiful cover, and I liked the story idea the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think it will be interesting.

      Delete
  5. I voted for Diamond Secret for two reasons: I'm interested in the Anastasia tale and the cover is really pretty! I love retellings! Hope you enjoy the book that wins!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am fascinated by her story too.

      Delete
  6. I went with the Diamond Secret also! The Anastasia tale has always intrigued me. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I want to believe so badly that she could have survived, it is a sad part of history.

      Delete
  7. Oh my gosh! I wanted to vote for all three! Can you read all three this month? lol
    Jeesh...after a long debate, I went with the Anastasia one because I like the whole mystery that surrounds her and it will be interesting to learn how this book goes for you. I might just add the book to my list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The Anastasia one was the winner. I like the books in this series, some are better than others, but they all are interesting twists.

      Delete