Saturday, March 26, 2016

Re-Readathon Days 1-6 Update




This is hosted by Bex at An Armchair by the Sea and you can signup at this link.

So I have actually read, just forgot to write an update post. I have not felt well again this week and it seems like it is taking me awhile to recover from the kidney stones, but on the bright side I have been able to get back into my reading.

I finished all of the The Bad Beginning by Lemony Snickett. I love the dark humor of the series and the ingenuity of the Baudelaire children. I think the series is great for both adult readers and middle grade readers, because of the humor he uses and because of how he defines big words throughout the series. It definitely helps to build those vocabulary words for younger readers. I also have listened to two chapters of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, The Wedding chapter and the following one where the trio escapes into London and finally decides to go to Grimauld Place. The Wedding chapter is one of my favorites from the whole series. I love the scene where Fleur enters and seems to erase all the damage done to Bill by Greyback. I think it is a beautifully written scene. I also like how we are introduced to a darker side of Dumbledore and how Harry starts to grapple with the idea that maybe Dumbledore is not perfect. We all get to that point with our heroes and we have to accept the idea that they are human.

Hopefully I can do a few of the challenges this week and maybe read a bit more. Thanks to Bex for hosting!

2 comments: