Sunday, January 3, 2016

My January TBR List

MyTBRList

This is hosted by Michelle @ Because Reading. Each month you pick three books on your TBR list and people vote on the one you should read that month. I took a break in December and I am ready to start the new year off right! I am picking 3 books from my Kindle to tie in with the COYER challenge. These were all eARCs from Edelweiss and they were all runners up last year for My TBR.

First Choice:
Oblivion (Nevermore, #3)
Atheneum
Oblivion by Kelly Creagh. Kelly worked at Louisville Free Public Library until her writing career took off. I loved the first two in the series, with their gothic type horror and romance based on Edgar Allan Poe. This finishes the series and I am anxious to see what will happen to Isobel and Varen.
Second Choice:


The Copper Gauntlet (Magisterium, #2)
Scholastic Press

The Iron Trial was my best middle grades read of 2014, so I was excited to get an egalley of this one. It is reminiscent of Harry Potter, but the authors have created their own elements.
Third choice:

Mirrored
HarperTeen

I love Flinn's fairytale twists and I like that she is bringing Kendra back for this one. This is a twist on Snow White.
I would be happy with any of these choices and hopefully this will make me read on my Kindle more! Remember you can vote on these even if you are not participating in the meme itself.
Thanks to Michelle for hosting!



17 comments:

  1. I went for Mirrored, though it was a close call between that and Oblivion!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am having a hard time deciding what I want to win.

      Delete
  2. I went with Copper Gauntlet, because I want to read those too, but Mirrored would be good as well. I read her Beauty and Beast story awhile back and liked it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I really liked The Iron Trial, so I want to find out what happens next. I love Flinn's retellings too.

      Delete
  3. Ooh this is a neat idea!

    Mirrored also looked good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it! I participated several months last year. Thanks for voting!

      Delete
    2. I really liked the idea that I joined you guys :D

      Vonnie's TBR

      Delete
    3. Just voted on yours. Glad you joined!

      Delete
  4. This all sound so good! I ended up voting based on cover--isn't that awful? I voted for Mirrored. I hope you enjoy whatever you read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I pick by cover quite a bit! I would be happy with any of these three.

      Delete
  5. I voted for The Copper Gauntlet as I like a good MG book now and then and it sounds intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! The first one was good, so I have high hopes for this one.

      Delete
  6. I picked The Copper Gauntlet based only on how much I LOVE THE COVER!!! ;) I hope you enjoy which ever one wins Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I voted for Mirrored. I love Alex Flinn's books that I have read, but I wish I read this author more often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have read most of her retellings, so I hope to get to this one soon! I love the books Kendra is in, so I think I will like this one.

      Delete
  8. I voted for Oblivion since that series is on my tbr, Sarah. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope to get to it at some point this year, even if it doesn't win this time around.

      Delete