Sunday, January 10, 2016

Bout of Books Day 7 Update and Wrapup

Bout of Books

Day 7:
Morning
It is the final day of Bout of Books! I hope to get some reading done, but I have a major headache right now from my sinuses. The sudden onset of winter here has made my head a bit haywire and we have around an inch and a half of snow and a layer of ice under that, which worries me about work tomorrow. One of the downfalls of being the boss! I will update as I get a bit done today. Good luck everyone!

Evening
It took quite awhile for my head to do better. I did a bit of socializing today, but not much. I was able to finish 118 pages in The Girls from Ames, so not a bad reading day!

Wrapup
Total I finished two books: The Scent of Cherry Blossoms by Cindy Woodsmall and Alanna: The First Adventure by Tamora Pierce and I read a total of  547 pages, which is awesome for me. I am about a fifth of the way through The Girls from Ames, so I have a nice start on my book club book. I was able to visit about 45 blogs and am following two new blogs. On Twitter I tweeted around 150 tweets this week and followed about 15 new people, so not bad at all on the social aspect. I think I did okay as a Bout of Books expert, I would like to have been a bit more active, particularly once I went back to work. I enjoyed it and would definitely do it again. I think overall I had a great Bout of Books and thanks again to all the great hosts!



1 comment:

  1. OMG I haven't read Tamora Pierce since middle school! Good job on your reading goals, Sarah. :D

    ReplyDelete