Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Bout of Books Day 2 Update and Would You Rather Challenge

Bout of Books

Day 2 Update:
I completed today's mini-challenge, finished the last 25 pages in Scent of Cherry Blossoms and read 76 pages in Alanna, commented on 9 blogs and several twitter posts, so not too bad!

Today's mini-challenge is hosted by Writing My Own Fairy Tale and is Would You Rather. Lori has created 5 interesting and slightly difficult questions to answer, some because you want both choices and others because you don't even want to think about the choices.


Would you rather:
Lend books to someone who dog-ears pages or to someone who reads with cheesy Cheetos fingers?
Ewww! I would rather lend books to someone who dog-ears pages. I work in a library and hate playing the "what stain is this" game. With dog ears, we just unbend the page, but if the stain is brown then we get sick!
Would you rather:
Be able to meet one character of your choice or meet one author of your choice?
Difficult question! I think I would rather meet JK Rowling than Hermione, just because I could meet all the characters through Rowling's incredible mind.
Would you rather:
Never be allowed in a book store again or never be allowed in a library again?
Since I work in a library, I would rather never be allowed in a book store again. With a library, I can request any book through ILL and a bookstore may or may not have a particular book, especially in the case of older titles. My husband would also agree with this answer for me, because eventually library books have to go back, unlike the piles and piles of books I own.
Would you rather:
Have to choose one of your favorite characters to die in their book or have to pick one of your favorite couples to break up in their book?
Since I have read both scenarios in books and I read a lot of YA books, having favorite couples break up is easier. I still mourn the loss of a few characters from HP 8. 
Would you rather:
Be required to read Twilight once a year for the rest of your life or The Scarlet Letter once a year for the rest of your life?
Well, I sort of like both of these, so it is not a punishment necessarily. I have reread Twilight more times than The Scarlet Letter, but not as a once a year thing. I would probably go with Twilight, as long as it is just the first book, because it is an easier read and I can quickly finish it. The Scarlet Letter takes me a bit longer, but it is still a wonderful read! If I have to read the whole series, I would rather read The Scarlet Letter, because after the first book in the Twilight series, I want to yell at the characters all the time for their stupid actions.

Thanks to Lori for hosting this challenge!


6 comments:

  1. You are doing awesome. Alanna is a very good book and series. I love rereading those books. Keep up the reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am really liking Alanna and she just defeated the bully, so I am extra happy!

      Delete
  2. The 'what stain is this' game is SO disgusting isn't it? :) Sometimes I wonder what on earth people do with their library books to get them in such a state.
    I agree about not being allowed into a bookstore again too - libraries are so great and my bookshelves are so full I can't keep hoarding any more books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Worst game ever! I hate when we have to discard a book, because we suspect the stain is something really terrible. I love bookstores, but could not imagine life without libraries!

      Delete
  3. I think we picked all the same answers, for the same reasons more or less - except I went for character rather than author. I was actually thinking of Harry Potter too, but I was thinking along the lines of "it would be cool to explore a character's magical experiences and memories that even the author doesn't know about". Though to be fair, in JK's case, she probably DOES know, she's been so thorough about everyone's stories! Happy reading for the rest of the week! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never thought of the character that way, but that is such a cool idea! Thanks for commenting and good luck with the rest of the readathon.

      Delete