Monday, January 4, 2016

Bout of Books Day 1 and TBR Post


Bout of Books



Hooray! It is finally Bout of Books time again! My books for this round are as follows:
Girls from Ames by Jeffrey Zaslow
Scent of Cherry Blossoms by Cindy Woodsmall
The Shack by William P. Young
Alanna by Tamora Pierce
Dumplin' by Julie Murphy

I am also a Bout of Books expert this time, so I hope to comment on several blogs and be active on Twitter.

Day 1 Update
I participated in the #insixwords challenge today and there have been some amazing six words used by participants. I have commented on a blog or two and a few tweets. I will update this periodically throughout the day, but will be visiting my mother some today. She is a newly diagnosed diabetic and they had to keep her overnight in the hospital last night. It is going to be a major adjustment for her and for all of us and I hope we can get back healthy again. I hope to see you all at the Twitter chat tonight at 8 EST.

Update: Mom is out of the hospital and learning to adapt. Her blood sugar is still high, but she is on medication now and that should help soon.
I was able to attend the Twitter chat, which was a blast! I have read 160 pages in Scent of Cherry Blossoms today. Hopefully I can read a bit more tomorrow. I did comment on three more blogs and lots of tweets!




5 comments:

  1. Oh no! I pray your mom will be okay.
    Good luck with BoB!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! She is home now. Her blood sugar is still high, but she has some medicine to take now and we are going to really watch her diet.

      Delete
    2. Good. I'm glad she's doing better!

      Delete
  2. I hope your mom feels better! Good luck on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! She is starting to do a bit better.

      Delete