Saturday, January 16, 2016

24 in 48 Readathon Hours 1-12

 
Introductory Survey:
  1. Where in the world are you reading from this weekend? I am reading from Southern Indiana today.
  2. Have you done the 24in48 readathon before? This is my first one.
  3. Where did you hear about the readathon? I had started noticing blog posts about 2 weeks ago and then Twitter posts during Bout of Books. I made the decision to join late Friday.
  4. What book are you most excited about reading this weekend? I really want to finish The Girls from Ames for book club, since our meeting is next week.
  5. Tell us something about yourself. I am a librarian who likes mainly YA books and I love history. I also love unicorns and have collected unicorn items since I was little.
  6. Remind us where to find you online this weekend. I will be posting on my blog and hopefully on Twitter @SarahFlood.
 I also posted my reading nook for the day on Twitter:
Hours read: 3
Pages read: 212-272 in The Girls from Ames, so 60 pages total, Little House in the Big Woods 24-102, so 78 pages total, and Mirrored 11%-15% so 4% total

Hour 1 Reading:
I just started reading and at the moment I am reading The Girls from Ames for book club. It is a nonfiction book about the friendship of 11 women and how they have remained friends since high school. 10 of them are still living, but they also talk about their memories of the 11th girl. So far it is interesting, but the parts on the studies of friendship are starting to weigh me down and I prefer the sections that are about the women's lives.



No comments:

Post a Comment