Sunday, January 31, 2016
2016 Bookish Resolutions Challenge: January Update
The 2016 Bookish Resolutions Challenge is hosted by Laura @ Trips Down Imagination Road and Michelle @ Because Reading and you can sign up at this link. For this challenge you must have 2 of 3 main goals, Blogging, Reading, and/or Personal and then subcategories for these goals.
1. Read at least 6 Classics. This was a goal I barely completed last year, but something I want to continue doing. So far I haven't started this goal yet, but it is still early. I am thinking Frankenstein will be my first read for this.
2. Read at least 70 books this year. I did not do this as a goal for the Bookish Resolution last year, but I did have it as a goal. I just missed it by 8 books, so I want to challenge myself on it this time. I have finished 8 books so far, so not bad!
3. Finish at least 4 series. I did well with this last year, but I have several more series that I did not finish. Another goal I haven't started yet, but hope to soon.
4. Blog at least 10 times a month. I met this goal for 7 out of 12 months, so I want to try this one again. I blogged 35 times in January!! This is three times my usual amount, but I did participate in two three read-a-thons, so that really helped.
5. Complete at least half of the challenges I sign up for this year. I came very close to completing this goal, but not quite. I will be signing up for challenges soon. So far I have started 8 challenges out of 16, so not a bad start. I may have a reading challenge addiction. :)
6. Be more active commenting on blogs and on Twitter. By more active, I mean getting on Twitter and commenting on blogs at least once a week. I did really well with this. I have been checking Twitter at least once a day and at least commenting on tweets. I have commented on a few blogs each week, but want to work a bit more on the blogging comments part.
7. Review at least half of the books I read. I basically just stopped writing reviews at the end of the year and I would like to do better with this in 2016. So far I have reviewed 6 out of 8 books and hope to write another review soon, so this is off to a great start!
8. Lose at least 20 pounds. We are going to try Biggest Loser at work and our theme this year is Libraries Transform, which is ALA's theme. I gained back most of what I lost last year, so I would love to lose that weight again and maintain the weight loss. Hahaha! I will be working on this heavily during Lent.
9. Eat and drink healthier. I would like to eat at least a vegetable or fruit a day. I eat horribly and am not in good shape. I would also like to cut down on coffee and sodas, because that is all I have been drinking lately. I have managed to eat at least a veggie or a fruit a day, but not much more than that. I did better on sodas, until the end of this month and I am very slowly cutting down on coffee.
10. Exercise more. I would love to exercise at least a few times a month and possibly up this to a few times a week as I get in a bit better shape. I don't want to push things too fast, so for the first month or so, I would like to exercise at least 3 times a month. I barely managed to squeeze in exercise, so I really need to work on this next month.
My reading and blogging goals went well, but my personal goals not so much. I hope to work harder on them in February and get a bit healthier!