Saturday, November 7, 2015

My November To Be Read List

MyTBRList

This is hosted by Michelle @ Because Reading. I took a break in October, because I just was not reading fast enough and my book club books were huge. I want to try to finish out the year doing the meme. For this month's choices, I am going to give second chances to a few books that did not make the cut at the end of voting.

First Choice:
Champion (Legend, #3)
Putnam

I booktalk this series all the time and loved the first two books, but yet I haven't read this one. Legend is one of my all time favorites and still I can't bring myself to finish the series. This is a romantic dystopia with a strong female lead.

Second Choice:
Dearest (Woodcutter Sisters, #3)
HMH Books

I loved the first two books in this series about sisters Saturday and Sunday. This one follows sister Friday who is a seamstress. The books are based on the lives of seven sisters whose brother was the famous Jack of the Jack tales.

Third Choice:
Oblivion (Nevermore, #3)
Atheneum
Oblivion by Kelly Creagh. Kelly worked at Louisville Free Public Library until her writing career took off. I loved the first two in the series, with their gothic type horror and romance based on Edgar Allan Poe. This finishes the series and I am anxious to see what will happen to Isobel and Varen.

Which second chance book do you think I should read this month? Remember you don't have to be participating in this meme to vote!


23 comments:

  1. I went with Marie Lu, Champion, because I need to read that series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first two are great and I have no idea why I haven't finished Champion yet!

      Delete
  2. I voted for Oblivion, Sarah, although I think they all sound great. But Poe has a special place in my heart and two of my kids were just reading The Raven last week for English class. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Poe too! All the darkness and mystery.

      Delete
  3. I voted for Champion, Sarah, because it's the one I'd read myself :) I hope you enjoy the one that is picked this month!
    Have a fantastic weekend and happy reading.
    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lexxie! I really want to finish it. I really need to finish all three of these, so I will be happy no matter what!

      Delete
  4. I like the cover of Dearest the most so I went with it...lol. :)

    Stormi
    MY TBR

    ReplyDelete
  5. I voted for Champion. I have yet to end this one too. I like the series. I'm going to your other posts about it now to comment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a hard one to finish. I think that is mainly because I don't want to let go of the characters!

      Delete
  6. Oblivion is my pick because Edgar! I am a big Poe fan and need to check out the series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved the first two. They have the same twisted dark ideas as Poe.

      Delete
  7. I went with Oblivion- I'm not actually familiar with the series/author but I just love Poe so that had my attention1 Enjoy whichever wins!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I really like the series. I will be happy with any of these choices!

      Delete
  8. I voted for Champion as I heard good things about the series and I think it's both sad and exciting to see a great series end.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I choose Champion as you already love the series. I bet it would feel great to complete it! I need to read this series myself, isn't it based on Les Mis?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a good series. She did initially base the characters on two male characters from Les Mis.

      Delete
  10. I chose Champion just to make you finish the series. lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. I went with Champion because you need to finish your series, LMAO! :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, the sad thing is all these books would finish a series and I have been avoiding finishing them all! :)

      Delete
  12. I went with Oblivion, to help you finish and of course Poe :)

    ReplyDelete