Friday, October 9, 2015

Frightfall Read-a-thon Midweek Checkin

Seasons of Reading

FrightFall Read-a-thon is hosted Michelle at True Book Addict, Castle Macabre and The Christmas Spirit. This is my midweek check-in a few days late.:) I am about 100 pages into The 5th Wave and it is appropriately creepy! I have switched to reading Inhuman by Kat Falls, because the 5th Wave is not going to work for our freshmen challenge, just a few too many curse words. Since it is with the school, we have to watch our words. :) I have managed to read 100 pages of Inhuman in one day, so that tells you it is pretty good. It is creepy and fast-paced, so I think the freshmen will like it. I have also listened to 2 CDs of Daja's Book, which is a relisten. Poor Dracula has only been read for a couple of minutes. I pick it up before bedtime and then I fall asleep. I hope to find the time for it soon. I am going to have to focus on the Last Runaway soon, since I need to finish it by Thursday for the book club.

I hope you all are having a spooky time with your reads!


6 comments:

  1. Finally making the rounds. I'm so behind! Sounds like you've been getting some good, scary reading in. I'm glad you joined us this week...and thanks again for offering a giveaway. You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not reading much differentlt than normal this month, so no spooky reads for me. I hope you're enjoying your books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They are all good, I just keep jumping back and forth between books.

      Delete
  3. I am not sure I could listen to a scary novel at bedtime. Much depends on the narrator's voice and if am worried about things lurking in the shadows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The CD is the only thing not creepy on my list, other than my much neglected book club book.

      Delete