Sunday, October 4, 2015

Frighfall Read-a-thon Reading List and Starting Line

Seasons of Reading

It is time for spooky reads and Michelle at True Book Addict, Castle Macabre and The Christmas Spirit blogs has a read-a-thon to get you in the Halloween spirit. You can sign up at this link.
For the read-a-thon, you only have to read one "scary" book. This can be a mystery, thriller, Gothic novel, or something similar for those of you like me who do not read horror. My scary book is going to be Dracula by Bram Stoker, since I also chose it for RIP X this year. I also hope to read some on The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey, which is kind of spooky in itself and is another RIP X read. I need to finish Wildflower by Alecia Whitaker, which is not spooky at all, but I have to finish it for the high school reading challenge that I conduct with the high school librarian. If I have time I need to start The Last Runaway by Tracy Chevalier and read more on Go Set A Watchman by Harper Lee for two of my book clubs. I will be lucky to finish any books this week, but hopefully I can get some reading accomplished! Thanks again to Michelle for hosting!



2 comments:

  1. I started mild but will choose scarier as the week progresses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The two I have started have both been a bit creepy.

      Delete