Sunday, September 13, 2015

Re-Readathon Challenge: Favorite Rereads List


This is hosted by Bex at An Armchair by the Sea and you can sign up at this link.
For this challenge, Bex asked us to list our favorite rereads or books we would like to reread. For me there will be lots of fantasy reads, mainly middle grades or YA.

1. Harry Potter series: Of course this series is number one and I try to reread it every other year or so. I always get stuck on book five, because the ending tears me to shreds and also Umbridge is the most evil villain of all times and I spend the book so mad at her. The third book is one of my absolute favorite books ever, so obviously this series is tops.

2. Chronicles of Narnia series: Currently my husband is reading this series to me at bedtime. This is our time to bond over a series we loved as children and it makes me happy that he is willing to do this for me. I was in middle school when I discovered this series and he was much younger when he and his brother would read this series together. I have trouble relaxing and falling to sleep and being read to is one of the few things that actually helps me to sleep.

3.Rick Riordan's fantasy books: Percy Jackson and the Olympians is another favorite series of mine. I picked up the Lightning Thief when I first started working full time at the library and was stuck at our branch. I had cleaned the entire library and no one was inside, so I decided to browse the shelves and look at some series books to see if we needed to purchase the next in the series. I picked up the Lightning Thief and that was that. I still need to finish Blood of Olympus and I know it is because I am afraid it is truly the end of Percy and Annabeth's journey.

4. The Immortal Secrets of Nicholas Flamel: Loved this series although the end rips me to shreds. I love how he mixes in all the different mythologies, shows the depths we will go for love, and how the sacrifices in the end still manage to make me tear up, even though I have read it three times.

5. Legend by Marie Lu: Another favorite read of mine and yet another series I keep putting off the ending book. I love her writing and each time I read Legend like I have never ever read it before. I have to read Champion at some point, but I am still afraid of letting this series go.

6. Pern series: Another series I have not finished, but that I like to pick up the first few books and reread. I am hoping to start Dragonquest really soon. I love McCaffrey's world-building and even though I get ticked off at her male leads and want her female leads to be a bit more kick-butt, they are still well developed characters.

7. Little House on the Prairie series: To me these remind me of my childhood. I am rereading them for the first time since middle school and they remind me of being read to as a young girl. I know there are some issues with the depictions of Native Americans and if I ever have children I will discuss this as I read these to my children. I always loved the way the family held together through everything.

8. These are books I plan to reread some day. All of Sarah J. Maas's books. I still need to finish Heir of Fire and start Queen of Shadows, but I loved the first two in the Throne of Glass series. A Court of Thorns and Roses blew me away and I am so excited that it is a series. I thought it was a standalone for so long. Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell is another one I would love to reread and I can't wait until Carry On comes out.

Thanks Bex for this challenge! I loved thinking about what I like to reread and strolling down memory lane!

1 comment:

  1. Harry potter <3 I feel the same way about Order of the Phoenix, it's so hard to read. I've read the series 3x, and I'm on the my fourth time around and I can't get past the middle of book, much less the ending. ::tears:: Also, I am running the Book Blog awards this year for the 2nd year in a row and wanted to let you know nominations are open until October 31st . There are 15 awards up for grabs this year. You may nominate your own blog or ask your readers to nominate you. Readers vote on November 15th.
    Please leave a comment on my blog or tweet me @emancipatedmimi or my co-host @QuratulainR to get the badge to add to your site. You may use it to encourage your readers to vote for your blog on Nov 15th. The awards are intended to be fun and exciting, and get your blog some exposure as well. Hope you will join =) I'm usually on Twitter so tweet me anytime with questions or comments =)
    NOMINATE here: http://docs.google.com/forms/d/1kkntQ2xPpTaBcw-5OlDwUMMp1J11psxKS2Pvzi3TQ6k/viewform
    VOTE HERE on Nov 15: http://docs.google.com/forms/d/1uKrnRIt0X7x489A3N60BC4InisHZRR8TVVFQBiCF12E/viewform

    ReplyDelete