Saturday, August 1, 2015

My August To Be Read List

MyTBRList

This is hosted by Michelle @ Because Reading. Since I am participating in the COYER Summer Scavenger Hunt, I decided to again pick titles on my Kindle that I really need to read. Two of these came from Edelweiss and the other from Netgalley.

First choice:
The Copper Gauntlet (Magisterium, #2)
Scholastic Press

The Iron Trial was my best middle grades read of 2014, so I was excited to get an egalley of this one. It is reminiscent of Harry Potter, but the authors have created their own elements.

Second choice:
A Whole New World (A Twisted Tale #1)
Disney Press

I was also excited to get this one on Netgalley. This is a twist on the Aladdin Disney tale in which Jafar is the one to make the first wishes.

Third choice:
Mirrored
HarperTeen

I love Flinn's fairytale twists and I like that she is bringing Kendra back for this one. This is a twist on Snow White.

I would be happy with any of these choices and hopefully this will make me read on my Kindle more! Remember you can vote on these even if you are not participating in the meme itself.
Thanks again to Michelle for hosting!


10 comments:

  1. I love the look and sound of Mirrored!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have enjoyed her past books and I love the cover!

      Delete
  2. I would have gone with A Whole New World based on the cover but I heard good things about Mirrored so I chose that one. My TBR List

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one is a hard choice, so I was glad you all had to make it. ;)

      Delete
  3. Copper Gauntlet because I haven't read the first one yet and I want to see what you think of the second one and OMG that cover is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved the first one and can't wait to read the second.

      Delete
  4. I voted for A Whole New World, that cover looks great. Didn't realize it was a retelling, but it sounds interesting. I hope you'll enjoy whichever wins.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It did not have cover art when I requested it, but I like the cover they chose.

      Delete
  5. I voted for A Whole New World because it's on my reading list for this month and I am curious what you think of it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I loved the sound of it when I requested it, then promptly forgot about it. Thanks for breaking my tie!

      Delete