Saturday, June 6, 2015

My June To-be Read List

MyTBRList

This is hosted by Michelle @ Because Reading. Well, I managed to finish and review last month's book. I am doing a bit better with finishing the TBR book early and having more time to work on the review. This month I decided to go with series books I have checked out from the library. I am going to try to participate in COYER starting later this month and I want to finish a few library books, so that I can focus on books I own. This month's contenders are

First Choice:
Persephone the Phony (Goddess Girls, #2)
Aladdin

The first book in this series was a quick easy read and I need to finish a couple of more books for the Mythology challenge. This one focuses on Persephone and her trials at Mount Olympus Academy.

Second Choice:
The Pet and the Pendulum (The Misadventures of Edgar & Allan Poe #3)
Viking Books




Edgar and Allan Poe are the great great great grandsons of Edgar Allan Poe. The twins get into mischief caused by their intelligence and other people who want to exploit their uniqueness. Their great great great grandfather tries to help them from the beyond. I really liked the first two books in the series and they were also quick reads.

Third Choice:
A World Without Princes (The School for Good and Evil, #2)
HarperCollins

So the first book in this series was my May TBR winner and I ended up really liking it, except for Tedros. I am intrigued by this title and wonder what it means.

Help me choose this month's winner and even if you are not participating in this challenge, you can vote on a book for me. I would love to get more than last month's 5 votes. Thanks!





8 comments:

  1. I voted for A World Without Princes...it sounds intrigueing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really liked the first one, so I went on and checked the second one out.

      Delete
  2. OMG this was so hard. I wasn't a fan of the good and evil books but I have the other two on my list of books to read (at least book 1 of each series) I have been wanted to read the Edgar and Poe. So I voted for that one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are quick reads and have some funny moments.

      Delete
  3. That was a seriously hard decision, they all look so good! I finally went with Persephone the Phony because I've always liked Persephone stories. I'll be really interested to see which one wins!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too. I like the retellings of the Persephone/Hades myths.

      Delete
  4. I voted for Persphone the Pony as that cover is adorable! Although the other two sound good too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the cover. I have always enjoyed the Persephone/Hades myth.

      Delete