Saturday, May 2, 2015

May My To-Be Read List

MyTBRList

This is hosted by Michelle @ Because Reading. Well, I did finish and review last month's book, but I was a little late. I have a few extra days off this month, so hopefully I can finish this month's in time. I decided to go with twists on fairy tales this month, since I am participating in the fairytale challenge and have yet to finish one.

First choice:
Dearest (Woodcutter Sisters, #3)
HMH Books

I loved the first two books in this series about sisters Saturday and Sunday. This one follows sister Friday who is a seamstress. The books are based on the lives of seven sisters whose brother was the famous Jack of the Jack tales.


Second choice
The School for Good and Evil (The School for Good and Evil, #1)
HarperCollins

This is a world where a good child and an evil child are kidnapped each year to train at two schools, a school for good and a school for evil. The children are trained for their own fairytales and hope fore either a happy ever after or a happy never after. Agatha and Sophia are friends who are taken to the schools and have their friendship tested by the trials they face.

Third choice
Violet Eyes (Once Upon a Time Fairytales)
Simon Pulse

I have read several books in the Once Upon a Time series, but only one other one by Debbie Viguie. This one is a twist on the Princess and the Pea. You don't see YA twists on this fairytale very often.

I do like fairytale twists, so I have high hopes I will finish this month's winner on time. Be sure to vote for your favorite!







4 comments:

  1. I picked The School of Good and Evil. My younger daughter has read this series - waiting on #3 - and thoroughly enjoyed it. She enjoyed it so much that she asked me to read it as well. So since it's on my tbr, I chose it. :) Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the idea of a fairytale school. Glad to know she likes it, because I feel like it is a book I will want to booktalk to upper elementary.

      Delete
  2. I voted for School of Good and Evil as it sounds fun and I've seen it around a few times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it sounds really good and I have heard nothing but good things about it.

      Delete