Sunday, May 10, 2015

Bout of Books Reading List and Day 1

Bout of Books

The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. For all Bout of Books 13 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog.
Day 1:
Mini-Challenge Bookish Survey hosted by Lori at Writing My Own Fairytale
Participated in the Twitter Chat!
The Questions: 
1. How do you organize your shelves? Well, they are not very organized at the moment, but usually I have books I plan to read next in easy reach on the top or middle shelf. The shelves in our living room have history and series books like Narnia and Harry Potter, so that I don't embarrass my husband with all the YA books on display. :)
2. What is one of your favorite book that’s not in one of your favorite genres? Probably Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. I am not that fond of reading classics, although I am trying to make myself read more of them.
3. What is the last 5 star book you read? Jinx's Fire by Sage Blackwood, it was my last month's to be read book.
4. What book are you most excited to read during the read-a-thon? Probably the School for Good and Evil, because I would like to finish it this month since it is my tbr for this month.
5. What book do you recommend the most? Legend by Marie Lu. I love booktalking this to the teens and adult fans of YA. 

Thanks to Lori for hosting!

I decided to just put my reading list on the Day 1 update, since it has been a bit since I did the signup post. I will be reading from the following:

True Grit by Charles Portis
Suite Francaise by Irene Nemirovsky
The School for Good and Evil by Soman Chainani
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by JK Rowling reread

I hope to finish True Grit this week and make progress in Suite Francaise and The School for Good and Evil. It is going to be a busy work week, but I am going to try to work in a few challenges and maybe a Twitter chat, since I really like those. Hopefully I will have time to explore a blog or two. I will update tomorrow with my first day progress. Good luck everyone!

1 comment:

  1. I really want to read True Grit someday too, I loved the movie. The School for Good and Evil is supposed to be really good, a lot of people seem to enjoy it!

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete