Saturday, April 25, 2015

Dewey's Read-a-thon Hours 2-4

lg new readathonbutton border

I read almost the whole first hour and finished two chapters of Jinx's Fire and 10 pages of This Side of Paradise. Took a breakfast break during the second hour and had delicious biscuits and sausage gravy, which actually helped to settle my stomach. It is amazing what comfort food can do! I hope to get back into the swing of things during the third hour. Hope everything is going well for you all! I have now finished 20 more pages in This Side of Paradise.

Classic Words of Wisdom Challenge hosted by A Literary Odyssey

“Once a King in Narnia, always a King in Narnia. But don't go trying to use the same route twice. Indeed, don't try to get there at all. It'll happen when you're not looking for it. And don't talk too much about it even among yourselves. And don't mention it to anyone else unless you find that they've had adventures of the same sort themselves. What's that? How will you know? Oh, you'll know all right. Odd things, they say-even their looks-will let the secret out. Keep your eyes open. Bless me, what do they teach them at these schools." The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis

I have always liked the last line in particular and used it as an excuse to learn anything and everything outside of school. When school was particularly dull, I thought about what I could learn outside of the walls and read everything I could get my hands on. I always liked the idea of being able to come back to a story, once a king or queen in a story, you always have that story to come back to and relive.


6 comments:

  1. I'm glad you are feeling better. You're doing great, by the way. Keep up the good pace!

    #TeamSherlock

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you're having a good morning (especially after breakfast!) I love the quote from The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe! That's one of my favorite books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am feeling a bit better. I have reread that one several times.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks! I love the Narnia books and they really make you think.

      Delete