Saturday, April 25, 2015

Dewey's Read-a-thon Hour 1 and Opening Meme

lg new readathonbutton border
I am going to try to read in bed for a bit, which means I may fall back asleep.

My reading stack:
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (reread)
Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare
Jinx's Fire by Sage Blackwood
Death at Pemberley by PD James
This Side of Paradise by F. Scott Fitzgerald
The Pet and the Pendulum by Gordon McAlpine
The Wizard's Statue by Debra Doyle and James McDonald



Opening Meme:
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today? Indiana
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? Probably Jinx's Fire, since I need to finish it today.
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to? Right now my stomach is still hurting, but once I feel better, probably leftover Easter candy
4) Tell us a little something about yourself! I am a librarian and this is my first year as our library's director, which is a scary, stressful job, but at least I still get to order the books! I love to read, of course, and read a wide variety of books, mainly though I read YA.
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to? This is my third Dewey's and I think this time I will let myself wander off list, if I start getting tired.

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on the promotion -- so exciting! Love the tentative TBR stack -- fun mix of books. Hope the stomach ache goes away -- nothing more fun than leftover candy, i think! Will stop by later to cheer you on but yay for the great start! #RahRahReadathon #TeamSherlock

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy readathon day. Best of luck with your reading goals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, congrats on the promotion! :)

    Hope you get better soon, it sucks to have an upset stomach when you have leftover Easter candy near.

    Enjoy the readathon & happy reading!

    #TeamSherlock

    ReplyDelete