Saturday, March 28, 2015

Brief Thoughts on Clockwork Princess

I kinda knew this would happen. I did not finish Clockwork Princess by the deadline. This month flew by and one of my book club books just dragged on. Then when I decided to switch to the audiobook of CP, I received an audio to review which was the second in the series. This means I have to finish the first book and the second book of that series (Seraphina and Shadow Scale) before the April 6 deadline. So I have to stop for the moment on CP. Good news is that I am halfway through it and I love it. It is breaking my heart and I have already cried at one point, a rarity for me. I sometimes cry at the end of books, but rarely just halfway through. This one is just so good that I want to savor the whole experience, so rather than quickly pushing through it, I am going to slowly finish it. I wanted to at least briefly talk about it, since it is part of the monthly challenge and I had hoped to finish it in time. I love the steampunk side of it, the triangle romance will break your heart, and the secondary characters are great. I love the Shadowhunter world she has created and I like this series even more than the Mortal Instruments. I will miss these characters so much and that has led to a slow down of my reading. If you like paranormal romance or steampunk or late 1800s gothic style romance or retellings of Tale of Two Cities, pick this one up! Hopefully I can finish this one by May and have a proper review later.

4 comments:

  1. It happens :) but at least when you get a chance you can finish it! Looking forward to your review when you are done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that's too bad you didn't manage to finish it in time, although like you said it's better to read it slowly than rush through it. I am glad to hear you are enjoying it. I have heard good things about this series.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you're enjoying Clockwork Princess, Sarah. I understand life and other things getting in the way though. :) Hopefully you'll get to finish and post the review soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys! I am hoping to finish it very soon!

    ReplyDelete