I read a total of 396 pages and finished one book, which is extremely good progress for me. I completed 5 mini-challenges and had a blast! Next time I am going to work on interacting with people more.
End of Event Meme:
- Which hour was most daunting for you?
- Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?
- Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
- What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?
- How many books did you read?
- What were the names of the books you read?
- Which book did you enjoy most?
- Which did you enjoy least?
- If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders?
- How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?
1. The first two and then the last 5, since I fell asleep.
2. Starry Night was a good quick read. I wish I had thrown in a couple of smaller reads to feel a bit more accomplished.
3. I love the read-a-thon! Maybe Twitter chats every few hours to encourage interactions.
4. I loved the mini-challenges and the hourly hosts.
5. I only finished one, but I was reading four at one time.
6. Starry Night, The Rithmatist, The Reader, and House of Hades
7. The Rithmatist
8. The Reader
9. N/A, although I would love to be assigned to a cheerleader to keep me motivated.
10. I am going to try to participate again depending on my work schedule and if it lands on a day where I don't have to run to lots of places. I will probably still be just a reader to try to get the hang of an all day read-a-thon.