Sunday, October 19, 2014

Dewey's 24hr Read-a-thon Wrap-up


I read a total of 396 pages and finished one book, which is extremely good progress for me. I completed 5 mini-challenges and had a blast! Next time I am going to work on interacting with people more.

End of Event Meme:

  1. Which hour was most daunting for you?
  2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?
  3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
  4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?
  5. How many books did you read?
  6. What were the names of the books you read?
  7. Which book did you enjoy most?
  8. Which did you enjoy least?
  9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders?
  10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?

1. The first two and then the last 5, since I fell asleep.
2. Starry Night was a good quick read. I wish I had thrown in a couple of smaller reads to feel a bit more accomplished.
3. I love the read-a-thon! Maybe Twitter chats every few hours to encourage interactions.
4. I loved the mini-challenges and the hourly hosts.
5. I only finished one, but I was reading four at one time.
6. Starry Night, The Rithmatist, The Reader, and House of Hades
7. The Rithmatist
8. The Reader
9. N/A, although I would love to be assigned to a cheerleader to keep me motivated.
10. I am going to try to participate again depending on my work schedule and if it lands on a day where I don't have to run to lots of places. I will probably still be just a reader to try to get the hang of an all day read-a-thon.

No comments:

Post a Comment