Saturday, October 18, 2014

Dewey's 24 Read-athon Mini-challenges


Color Cover Challenge
 Pictured: The Mark of Athena, Earthquake, The Silkworm, Elizabeth: The Virgin Queen and the Men Who Loved Her

 Mid-Event Survey:
1. What are you reading right now?
2. How many books have you read so far?
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?
4. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?
5. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?

1. I am still reading The Rithmatist and The Reader, but have also picked up House of Hades and Starry Night by Debbie Macomber.
2. I haven't finished any books yet.
3. Probably still The Rithmatist.
4. Yes, I keep getting distracted and slowly get back to reading.
5. Time is flying away so quickly!

Name Your Read-a-thon

The Killer Scarlet Reader
Made using Killer Frost, The Reader, and Scarlet

 Quoteable Quotes:

“‘Not having ice cream,’ she proclaimed, ‘is the culmination of all disasters! That’s it. No more discussion. We’re going. Follow.'” From The Rithmatist by Brandon Sanderson.


Opening Meme:
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?
4) Tell us a little something about yourself!
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?

1. I am reading from Southern Indiana.
2. I am hoping to finish The Rithmatist, I have been reading it for awhile and I really enjoy it when I actually have time to sit down and read it.
3. I may go out and get some fast food for lunch and am trying to decide between Arby's and Sonic.
4. I am a librarian, married with no children, and I love to read (shocking I know). I recently became our library's director and it has been exciting and nerve-wracking. I miss being the children's librarian, but for now I get to keep on being the teen librarian.
5. This is my second Dewey and I will actually be alone for most of the day, so I hope I can buckle down and read. I am going to try to remember to go back and do the mini-challenges and maybe interact with other bloggers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment