Monday, September 1, 2014

R.I.P IX Signup

lavinia portraitRIP9275

I am signing up again this year for RIP hosted by Carl at Stainless Steel Droppings and you can sign up at this link. This challenge runs from September 1 to October 31. The beautiful button for this challenge was designed by Abigail Larson and you can view her site and other artwork at this link.
This will be my second time participating in Readers Imbibing Peril and I think I will try again for Peril the First.
ripnineperilfirst

This means I will read at least 4 books that fit the moody, gothic, mysterious atmosphere of the read-a-thon. They can be mysteries, supernatural, suspense, thriller, or dark fantasy. My choices so far, which may change are as follows:
1. Midnight Frost by Jennifer Estep
2. The Girl with the Windup Heart by Kady Cross
3. The Silkworm by Robert Galbraith
4. The Rithmatist by Brandon Sanderson
On some of these I will know better once I start them if they are the right fit, but they all have a bit of the element needed to be a RIP book.

If I can find a short story collection I would also like to do Peril of the Short Story again. I loved reading the Edgar Allan Poe short stories last year. I may also do Peril of the Screen, but I will decide that a bit later.

Thank you again to Carl for hosting and to Abigail for the amazing artwork!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for taking part again this year, I hope that you discover some wonderful reads over the next couple of months. Wild that it is already September. I'm thrilled, however, that it is here once again.

    ReplyDelete