Sunday, June 1, 2014

June Random Read: Violet Eyes by Debbie Viguie

Random Reads

This is a meme hosted by Sarah at imlovingbooks.com. You can choose to use Goodreads or create your own list or use your bookshelves.  The idea is to use random.org and type in the number of books on your list. Whatever number you receive is your random read for the month. I decided to do something different this month. Instead of using my Kindle, I used the books I have checked out from the library that I haven't started yet. I will be participating in Rachael's Library Books Read-a-thon, so I thought maybe combining the two will help me actually finish a RR. I am still two months behind! I had 17 books checked out and my random number was 11, which is....Violet Eyes by Debbie Viguie. This is part of the Once Upon a Time series and is a retelling of the Princess and the Pea. I love this series, so I think I can finish this one this month. This will also work for the Debz' Fairytales Retold Challenge and possibly the Classic Double Challenge, if I can find the original fairytale.

Violet Eyes (Once Upon a Time Fairytales)
Simon Pulse


5 comments:

  1. I haven't read this one either. Actually I just started the Once Upon a Time series this year. I have read Golden and Sunlight and Shadow so far. I remember seeing a play of Princess and the Pea when I was little and I have loved the story ever since. I will have to read this one soon. In the meantime I have enough library books out right now to keep me busy for probably the whole month of June. My random read post will be up soon. I have one month to catch up on, April. I'm so glad you are joining the library books readathon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have liked all of them I have read so far in this series. I have a couple of favorites and a few that were just so-so. I am excited about the readathon!

      Delete
  2. I haven't heard of that series, but I love retellings. Good luck with your challenges
    <a href="http://alysmiscellany.blogspot.ro/2014/06/june-random-reads10-steal-light-by-lexi.html'>My Random read</a>

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They are all light romances, but they have some interesting twists.

      Delete
  3. I've never read a retelling of The Princess and the Pea. Hope it's good!!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete