Saturday, May 31, 2014

Challenges updates: Spring challenges

Well, I have been slowly reading and finally feel like I want to read again. I don't really know why I went into such a reading slump, but I am glad that it is slowly coming to an end. I think it is probably time to see which challenges I really need to focus on and which ones are going ok.

First up, the two challenges that end June 20:

This is hosted by Gina at Book Dragon's Lair. Goal: 10 books by June 20.
1. Snow by Tracy Lynn-finished and reviewed
2. Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge-finished and reviewed
3. Perfect Lies by Kiersten White- finished and review is coming soon!
4. The Calling by Kelley Armstrong-currently reading
5. Flora and Ulysses by Kate Dicamillo-finished and reviewed
These were my original five. I am adding
6. Crimson Frost by Jennifer Estep- finished and reviewed
7. Cinder by Marissa Meyer-currently reading
8. Opposite of Fate by Amy Tan-currently reading
9. Goose Girl by Shannon Hale
10. If I Should Die by Amy Plum-currently reading

I hope to finish the final 4 books in this challenge. I feel like I can finish the 3 I have started and I am hoping that I will enjoy Goose Girl as much as Hale's other books and that will move it along quickly.

onceup8200


The Once Upon A Time Reading Challenge is hosted by Carl at Stainless Steel Droppings.
I signed up for Quest the First with a 5 book goal
1. Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge finished and reviewed
2. Cinder by Marissa Meyer currently reading
3. Crimson Frost by Jennifer Estep  finished and reviewed
4. The Goose Girl by Shannon Hale
5. The Calling by Kelley Armstrong currently reading
This has a similar lineup to Spring into a Good Book and I hope to finish the last 3 in this challenge.

I also signed up for Quest on Screen.
I was hoping to watch all of season one of Once Upon a Time, Frozen, and Brave and I have only watched Frozen. I think I should be able to fit in Braze, but not Once Upon a Time. Netflix has been having issues and I don't own the series on DVD. I would happily set with just watching the two Disney movies. I loved Frozen and Elsa and the beautiful music!

I hope to be able to evaluate where I am in my year long challenges soon, but for now I am going to stick with trying to finish these two.

No comments:

Post a Comment