Saturday, April 5, 2014

Stacking the Shelves and Showcase Sunday #7


STSmall

 












Stacking the Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Showcase Sunday is hosted by Vicky at Books, Biscuits, and Tea and they are memes for sharing books you've purchased, borrowed, or been sent for review. The books can be physical or e-format. It has been a couple of weeks, since I last did a new books post. I have been trying to read what I own, have for review, or already had checked out at the library. I did purchase three books though. Two are Kindle books and one was a book I had been waiting to purchase in hardcover for a long time!

My Name is Rapunzel  The Maze Runner (Maze Runner, #1)

My Name is Rapunzel by KC Hilton I purchased after Rachael's A Month of Rapunzel. I had looked at this book for awhile and after reading all of Rachael's posts, I am inspired to read more retellings!

I picked up The Maze Runner by James Dashner since the movie is being made and all the middle school boys have recommended this one. It was also only $1.99.


The Disney Princess Cookbook

So this was the one I had to have in hardcover. Actually I am not for sure it is even available in ebook. I thought the recipes were cute and easy and maybe when my niece( maybe nieces :)) and cousins are a bit older we can make some of these. I want to try Jasmine's Hummus recipe and a few of the drink recipes. I think this would also be cute for a Princess Party and it is probably about time we had another one of those at the library. :)

Hope you all had some great books this week!

19 comments:

  1. I really liked the Maze Runner, but I don't think it's for everyone. I hope you'll end up liking it as much as I did! Happy reading and have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am hoping the suspense in the book will keep me going.

      Delete
  2. I never really got into the Maze Runner, but I know a lot of people have loved it, so I hope you enjoy it.
    I love that Princess Cook Book - so cute!
    Happy reading and have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I fell in love with the cookbook. We have it at the library but I had to have a copy!

      Delete
  3. THERE IS A DISNEY COOKBOOK?! Oh my god, you made my day! Happy reading! My STS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It is really cute and the recipes are really easy! I love how they gave a character to each recipe and it has Beauty and the Beast recipes which is my favorite Disney film.

      Delete
  4. These look great. I want to read The Maze Runner. The Disney Princess cookbook is so cute! It looks like a great way to get kids in the kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it! Hopefully I can make some things soon!

      Delete
  5. My Name is Rapunzel looks awesome.
    Happy reading!
    Cora @ Tea Party Princess

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will have to check out My Name if Rapunzel, I will have to check that out!
    New follower :)
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have My Name is Rapunzel sitting on my Kindle too. I'm a sucker for re-tellings.
    Yes, The Maze Runner! I love that series. And the trailer just blew my mind. Made me need to do a re-read.
    Have a great week!
    Happy reading!

    Brittany @ This is the Story of My(Reading) Life
    My SS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Hopefully I can get to these two soon!

      Delete
  8. I haven't read the Maze Runner either. And I love retellings, so I will check out that Rapunzel book.
    Thanks so much for stopping by! Jen @ YA Romantics

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great haul! My Name is Rapunzel is one I have been thinking of reading for a while now but still haven't bought, might wait to see what you think of it. I hope you enjoy your books :) My STS.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A Princess Party sounds like a lot of fun! And I like the sound of My Name is Rapunzel too. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete