Friday, April 4, 2014

April Random Read- Fire Horse Girl

Random Reads
This is a meme hosted by Sarah at imlovingbooks.com. You can choose to use Goodreads or create your own list or use your bookshelves.  The idea is to use random.org and type in the number of books on your list. Whatever number you receive is your random read for the month. I have decided  to use the books on my Kindle as my list. I buy or get free far too many books on my Kindle and then never read them. My current number stands at 441. I have yet to finish last month's book Cruel Beauty, but I am still reading on it and liking it so far. This month's book is number 149 which is Fire Horse Girl by Kay Honeyman. This is a YA historical fiction about Chinese immigrants and what it was like to go to Angel Island and how badly the Chinese were treated in the early 1900s. I haven't read any historical fiction yet this year, so this will be a nice change of pace!
 The Fire Horse Girl
Arthur Levine Books  

3 comments:

  1. I've heard wonderful things about this one, but it's been sitting on my shelf forever! I hope you enjoy it. :D

    Angie @ Pinkindle

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like an interesting read - Can't wait to see what you think of it!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds interesting. I hope you enjoy. I have yet to read my March random read Swan Sisters, but I'm hoping to get to it soon.

    ReplyDelete