Saturday, March 15, 2014

Stacking the Shelves and Showcase Sunday #6


STSmall

 












Stacking the Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Showcase Sunday is hosted by Vicky at Books, Biscuits, and Tea and they are memes for sharing books you've purchased, borrowed, or been sent for review. The books can be physical or e-format. It has been a couple of weeks, since I last did a new books post. I have been trying to read what I own, have for review, or already had checked out at the library. I only have review books to share this time. I have been trying to be good!

Review: 
Thanks to Netgalley and MacMillan Children's: Farrar, Straus, and Giroux for Second Star!

This is a twist on the Peter Pan story with Wendy caught in a love triangle with Pete and Jas, twists on Peter Pan and Captain Hook. I like twists on classic stories and loved the cover!

Thanks to Netgalley and Harlequin Teen for The Girl with the Windup Heart!

The Steampunk Chronicles is one of my favorite series and I was super excited when I received this one! I love the characters and their clothing and their special powers. I think this may be the final one in the series, but I hope not.

Thanks to Edelweiss and Egmont for Of Monsters and Madness!













I haven't read any of Jessica Verday's books yet, but I like twists on Poe's stories. This one is a twist on Annabel Lee and the cover is kind of creepy, so I decided I had to try it!

Hope you all got some great reads!

18 comments:

  1. of monsters and man this looks good I got it as well. great covers for these books. Enjoy your week. R

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am a cover addict for sure and these were all so pretty I had to request them!

      Delete
  2. Great haul! I hope you enjoy your books! And I need to start Second Star

    Check out OUT's STS

    Leydy from OUAT & RCE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Isn't the cover great?!

      Delete
  3. Of Monsters and Madness looks really interesting and if i could figure out how to request books in EW i would have already done it :) I really hope you enjoy your haul :)

    Sanna @ Fanciful Fictions

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took me awhile to understand EW and I still figure out new things each time I login. The first publisher who sent me an invite, walked me through it. It is a little more time consuming than NG, but there are some great titles on it.

      Delete
  4. Nice haul! I have been meaning to start Cross' series a while back, I keep hearing good things!
    I hope you enjoy these, happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them! I am just starting to get into the Steampunk genre and these definitely hooked me.

      Delete
  5. Haven't read any of Jessica Verday's yet either, so Of Monsters and Madness will be the first, and sounds freaking amazing, so can't wait for that. :) Happy reading!

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love books that are twists on other stories, particularly twists on Poe. It looks perfect for a dark stormy night!

      Delete
  6. Some really great books here! The cover for The Girl with the Windup Heart is gorgeous and sounds really gd! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them! If you like Steampunk or fantasy romance, they are very good.

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. I am kind of glad I have an old school Kindle keyboard, because I think the cover would give me nightmares. ;)

      Delete
  8. I'm number one on the hold list to read Second Star so I will get to read it shortly after it comes out. I was stopping by to tell you that I finished Eleanor and Park and I have officially fell in love with Rainbow Rowell as an author. The book was so beautiful and I know you would enjoy it. My review will be up sometime in April. I found out a few days ago that I won her novel Attatchments off a goodreads giveaway and I'm even more excited to read it now. I'm trying to read the books I own also. I think I'm going to move on to Charlotte's Web. A book I should have read as a child, but never did. I think it will be a nice breather after Eleanor and Park because that is one book that is going to be hard to move on from.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you liked it! I have it on my list for next month. I also love Charlotte's Web, but it always makes me cry.

      Delete
  9. Nice haul. I had no idea Second Star was a twist on Peter Pan, not sure how I missed that with a title like Second Star though. Now I really, really want Second Star! I hope you enjoy all of your books :) My STS.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I will have to look into the Steampunk Chronicles. Hope you enjoy all your new books. Happy Reading!
    Here are my newest additions.

    ReplyDelete