Thursday, March 20, 2014

Spring into a Good Book Read-a-thon




This read-a-thon is hosted by Gina at Book Dragon's Lair and runs from March 20 to March 26. You can sign up at this link.  It ties into her Spring Into a Good Book Challenge that runs from March 20 to June 20. You can pick whatever books you want for the challenge and she says the main goal is to have fun!
I am going to try to finish two books this week. One will be Flora and Ulysses and I will try to finish another from my Spring into a Good Book Challenge list. I will post my updates here:

Day 1: Finished Flora & Ulysses! I had a bit of time between the classes I was reading to and was able to finish. It was a very cute story and worthy of the Newbery Award. 94 pages.
Day 2: Finished The Strange Case of Origami Yoda by Tom Angleberger- 145 pages! I went totally off list. I needed another book to booktalk to 5th and 6th grade and this was perfect. Hilarious for the upper elementary crowd. Reading Cruel Beauty- 12 pages, reading Snow- 25 pages
Day 3: Reading Snow- 25 pages
Day 4: Finished Snow- 87 pages!, Reading Cruel Beauty- 4 pages
Day 5: Reading the Calling- 16 pages
Day 6: Reading the Calling- 6 pages
Day 7: No reading :(



No comments:

Post a Comment