Friday, March 21, 2014

Once Upon a Time VIII

onceup8200


The Once Upon A Time Reading Challenge is hosted by Carl at Stainless Steel Droppings. There are different levels and different categories, like short stories and films. More information and the signup is at this link. This is my first time participating in this challenge.
 once8jquest1
I am going to try for Quest the First and read 5 books that are fairytale, folklore, mythology, or fantasy. Possibilities for these books include: Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge, Cinder by Marissa Meyer, Crimson Frost by Jennifer Estep, The Goose Girl by Shannon Hale, and The Calling by Kelley Armstrong.
once8screen
I am going to try to watch Once Upon a Time, the rest of the first season. I watched 4 episodes a year ago, loved them, but never finished the series. I would also like to watch Frozen and Brave, which I have heard good things about.

I have watched Frozen now and it was very good!- March 23

For now I will stick with these categories and choices. Thanks to Carl for hosting!

6 comments:

  1. I hope you will enjoy your first time participating in this challenge. I'm not familiar with the books on your list but I've read Kelley Armstrong before and would like to read more of her books.
    Thanks for mentioning the movies, I liked Brave but totally forgot about Frozen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They are mainly YA books, I need to find some adult authors soon. I can't wait to watch the movies!

      Delete
  2. Interesting book choices. I was also thinking of trying to find my copy of Cinder, Is the Kelly A book a Werewolf story??
    Lynn :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It has different paranormals, most of them are were creatures in this particularly series, I think werecats, like cougars.

      Delete
  3. Ooh, Cinder and Goose Girl--both excellent fairy tale retellings! And Frozen and Brave are both *wonderful*!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love all of the Shannon Hale books I have read so far, so I am looking forward to the Goose Girl. I am hoping to watch Frozen really soon!

      Delete