Thursday, March 13, 2014

Ides of March Read-a-thon Starting Line and Updates

Ides of March Read-a-thon

Day 1 Update: No reading. :( Work is kicking my butt this week and I can't get motivated to read at night. Hope to do better tomorrow.
Day 2 Update: Currently reading: Dark Frost-198 pages!, Snow- 2 pages: An hour wait in the Fish Fry line, definitely helped me to catch up on my reading and I got absorbed into Dark Frost. I hope to finish it tomorrow!
Day 3 Update: Finished Dark Frost- 15 pages! I didn't have much left of Dark Frost, so I was glad I found time to finish it. It was a hectic day of running to my cousin's birthday, then back home to go to the Symphony with Nathan. I hope to have time to read and do the mini-challenges tomorrow!
Day 4 update: Completed 3 of the 4 mini-challenges (did not do a Spine Poetry this time)Snow- 5 pages.
Day 5 update: No reading :(. Work was hectic and I was too tired to read last night.

The Ides of March read-a-thon is hosted by Kimba at Caffeinated Book Reviewer. I decided to do back to back read-a-thons in the hopes that I could get back into the swing of reading. I did manage to finish a book (Attachments) for the Rapunzel read-a-thon and I am hoping to finish at least one with this read-a-thon. I am also participating in Kimba's Take Control of Your TBR challenge, so I am going to try to finish books from that stack, with the addition of Flora and Ulysses by Kate DiCamillo. My reading list for this challenge:
Snow: A Retelling of Snow White and the Seven Dwarves (Once Upon A Time)
Simon Pulse

Snow by Tracy Lynn
Cruel Beauty
Balzer + Bray

Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge
Perfect Lies (Mind Games, #2)
HarperTeen

Perfect Lies by Kiersten White
Dark Frost (Mythos Academy, #3)
K-Teen

Dark Frost by Jennifer Estep
The Calling (Darkness Rising, #2)
Harper

The Calling by Kelley Armstrong
Flora and Ulysses: The Illuminated Adventures
Candlewick Press
 Flora and Ulysses by Kate Dicamillo

1 comment:

  1. What a list Sarah. I was sneaky and actually planned my readathon around this one so I could do them back to back. I hope you are able to get Snow and Cruel Beauty done. I'm interested in the Mind Games series, but have yet to start it.

    ReplyDelete