Sunday, February 9, 2014

Stacking the Shelves and Showcase Sunday #4

STSmall

 












Stacking the Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Showcase Sunday is hosted by Vicky at Books, Biscuits, and Tea and they are memes for sharing books you've purchased, borrowed, or been sent for review. The books can be physical or e-format.

Library:
Cruel Beauty
Balzer + Bray

Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge (I am a sucker for fairytale retellings and twists and I love the story of Beauty and the Beast in particular. I had to check this one out!)

Bought:
The Parasol Protectorate series by Gail Carriger ( I started Soulless and had to return it to the library before I finished it, so I thought why not just buy the whole series! I am really enjoying Soulless, it reminds me of the Amelia Peabody series by Elizabeth Peters mixed with the paranormal.)

The rest were bargain books.
Geektastic is an interesting story collection based on Comicons.
13 to Life by Shannon Delaney is werewolves and comes highly recommend by the library patrons.
The Espressologist by Kristina Springer will work as my Emma twist for the Classic Double Challenge.
Carrier of the Mark by Leigh Fallon has Irish mythology, which I love in Michael Scott's series, so I am looking forward to this one.
Hole in My Life by Jack Gantos is his autobiography of when he piloted a drug ship and went to prison. He came to the McConnell Youth Literature Conference last year and was hilarious, so I had to purchase this!

That is all for this week! I hope you all found some great books this week!

9 comments:

  1. Hope you love Cruel Beauty! I thought it was so creative and unexpected. Plus, I found the writing just beautiful. Happy reading!
    Jen @ YA Romantics

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am looking forward to it. As soon as I can finish some books I have already started, I hope to read it.

      Delete
  2. I love the Parasol Protectorate series!

    And I need to read Cruel Beauty, it's everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the idea about the series and from what I've read of Soulless, it seems like a great series. Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  3. I'm hearing such great things about Cruel Beauty! Great haul this week! Love the Parasol Protectorate set---I want to read those someday, too, since I love her Finishing School series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I want to read her Finishing School series too and may go back and forth between these two series!

      Delete
  4. Carrier of the Mark has such a fantastic cover! I'd loooove to read Cruel Beauty. I hear everyone rave about it and it sounds so unique and AWESOME. My StS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you got a great lot of books this week! I absolutely loved Cruel Beauty. The mythological twist on it was great, and Ignifex was deliciously evil. I hope you enjoy it and all your other new pretties!

    Thanks for stopping by The Book Hookup.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow great pick ups. I really liked Cruel Beauty so I hope you enjoy it as well!

    ReplyDelete