Saturday, February 1, 2014

Stacking the Shelves and Showcase Sunday #3

STSmall

 












Stacking the Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Showcase Sunday is hosted by Vicky at Books, Biscuits, and Tea and they are memes for sharing books you've purchased, borrowed, or been sent for review. The books can be physical or e-format. No new library books this week, but I should have a few for next week. I should also have a few physical books that I got on sale!

Bought: Kindle Books
 Between the Sea and Sky The Monuments Men: Allied Heroes, Nazi Thieves, and the Greatest Treasure Hunt in History Geekomancy (Ree Reyes, #1) Whisper Falls (Whisper Falls, #1) The Line (Witching Savannah, #1)

Between the Sea and Sky by Jaclyn Dolamore, Bloomsbury (This sounded interesting. A story about a mermaid and a winged man for middle grade readers.)

The Monuments Men by Robert Edsel, Center Street (I needed a history fix and WWII is about the only part of Modern History that fascinates me. The Nazis wanted to wipe out virtually all civilization that did not fit their mold including art. The movie looks really good too!)

Geekomancy by Michael Underwood Pocket Star (This is sounded cute. Where heroes get their power from comics with a mystery thrown in.)

Whisper Falls by Elizabeth Langston Spencer Hill Press (Colonial History is my area and I love that this story is about an indentured servant, an often overlooked part of our history.)

The Line by JD Horn, 47North (This was apart of the KindleFirst program. Witches in Savannah, I do like the Southern Gothic setting.)

Received for Review on Netgalley: Thanks Bloomsbury!
Dangerous
Dangerous by Shannon Hale (I love her writing! This is a dystopia, which is different than her usual novels, but it sounds great. Maisie must save the world but at a high cost.)

Received for Review on Edelweiss: Thanks Hachette!
Salt & Storm
Salt and Storm by Kendall Kulper (This is about whaling, a witch who can see the future including her possible death, and the boy who can save her. Sounds good to me!)


18 comments:

  1. Between the Sea and Sky has a gorgeous cover! I didn't get Salt and Storm. Hachette doesn't love me yet. :) It sounds like my kind of book though, so I'll pre-order it or grab it from the library. Great stack! Oh, and thanks for stopping by mine!

    Tressa @ Tressa's Wishful Endings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was very surprised I was approved for it. I loved the mix of history and fantasy and I hope it will be one that I can use for reader's advisory.

      Delete
  2. Great haul! I love the sound of Between the Sea and Sky and Geekomancy! And Salt and Storm sounds good too. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great haul! I hope you enjoy them.

    Check out our STS.

    Leydy @ OUaT & Redcarpetendings

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh, Dangerous! So jealous, hope you enjoy t and thanks for stopping by mine earlier! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Shannon Hale's writing, so I am looking forward to Dangerous!

      Delete
  5. between the sea and sky has such a pretty cover! i don't pick up mermaid stories but i think i'm going to check it out. fantastic book this week! yay for staring february with a great stack of books. happy reading :)

    hope you can stop by my StS Post.

    -michelle @ Michelle & Leslie's Book Picks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There were some great bargains on Amazon last week. Thanks!

      Delete
  6. Happy Reading! If you'd like, you can stop by my STS Following your blog and would love a follow back please :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice haul! The Line and Dangerous are both looking good, I hope I get to them soon myself.
    I hope you enjoy these!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, nice haul! These are all new to me. I hope you enjoy all your new pretties!

    Thanks for stopping by The Book Hookup.

    ReplyDelete
  9. *cries* I didn't see Salt & Storm up for request on Edelweiss. I'm dying for that one. I can't wait to hear what you think of it!
    Jen @ YA Romantics

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I requested it and I got it! *dances around* Thanks for the heads up that I could request it there....

      Delete
    2. Awesome! I hope you enjoy it!

      Delete
  10. Nice haul.

    I'm looking forward to the film of The Monuments Men as well. I didn't know there was a book.

    I've put it on my to buy list in anticipation of liking the film version.

    Enjoy your reads.

    ReplyDelete