Saturday, January 25, 2014

Stacking the Shelves and Showcase Sunday #2

STSmall

 












Stacking the Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Showcase Sunday is hosted by Vicky at Books, Biscuits, and Tea and they are memes for sharing books you've purchased, borrowed, or been sent for review. The books can be physical or e-format. I thought since I follow both blogs I would do a combined share.

Library:
No One Else Can Have You
Harper Teen


Just one book from the library this week.
No One Else Can Have You by Kathleen Hale. I am not for sure if I like the cover, but the plot sounded really interesting. A murder mystery where the best friend has to find the killer, seems like the perfect winter read.

Bought:
Just Kindle books this week.
The Dr. Pepper Prophecies by Jennifer Gilby Roberts (I am looking for twists on Jane Austen's Emma and this one was only $0.99.)
Incarnate (Newsoul, #1)   The Golem and the Jinni  A Long, Long Sleep

All three of these were $1.99 deals!

Incarnate by Jodi Meadows (Katherine Tegen Books) So many good reviews of this one, that I had to try it.
The Golem and the Jinni by Helene Wecker (Harper) Another one with lots of good reviews
A Long Long Sleep by Anna Sheehan (Candlewick) A twist on the Sleeping Beauty fairytale
Only the Good Spy Young (Gallagher Girls, #4)
Hyperion

Only the Good Spy Young by Ally Carter (I am going to try to finish the Gallagher Girls series this year and I couldn't wait for it to come back in at the library, so I bought it!)

Received for Review on Edelweiss: Thanks to Harper Teen












Say What You Will by Cammie McGovern
This is about a girl who has Cerebral Palsy and a boy who has Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder and how they become friends. It sounds both sweet and heartbreaking!

Received for Review from Netgalley: Thanks to Scholastic!


Fire & Flood by Victoria Scott
This reminds me of The Hunger Games. A girl must compete in a race to try to get a cure for her dying brother and she is not the only competitor. Can she survive and will she find the cure?

Hope you all got some great reads this week!



22 comments:

  1. I bought OtGSY for the same reason this week!!!! I hope you can stop by mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So jealous of Fire & Flood, hope you enjoy it! I've read Incarnate, and it wasn't exactly my taste back then, so I'd probably love it more now, and since the last's out this month, I can read them all together. :) Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope to get to both of them soon.

      Delete
  3. Great haul! heard lots of good about Incarnate, The Golem and the Jinni, and No One Else Can Have You as well. :D
    I hope you enjoy all of these!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fire and Flood and No one else can have you both look great.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and for your kind words about Harry :)

    Happy Reading!

    Michelle @ Book Briefs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and you are welcome! Having a very sick pet is horrible and hopefully he will start feeling better.

      Delete
  5. I LOVE Incarante so much, its an amazing series! Can't wait to read the final book, it comes out next week!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope to start on it soon and it is good to know it will be a finished series soon!

      Delete
  6. I think the cover for No One Else Can Have You is a bit weird, although it's kinda original how it looks like a sweather, but then with a morbid twist. The blurb does sound interesting, I hope you enjoy it.

    I have been seeing Fire and Flood on quite some blogs, but actually have no idea where it's about. Will check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been seeing Fire and Flood on a lot of blogs so far, but actually have no idea where it's about, will have to check it out.

    I think the cover of No One Else Can Have You looks a bit weird, but it is original with the way it looks like a sweater but then with a morbid twist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true, the cover is original. It is good so far too!

      Delete
  8. I absolutely loved A Long Long Sleep and only hope there's eventually a sequel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I purchased it, the title said book #1 of the series, so hopefully the #2 will come out soon!

      Delete
  9. Great haul! I also have Fire & Flood, and I'm so excited about it! Say What You Will does sound sweet and heartbreaking--hopefully we'll both enjoy reading it. Incarnate is such a good read, so I'm glad you grabbed that one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay for Fire & Flood!! I really want to read that one. :) No One Else Can Have You also sounds wonderful...I've seen heaps of awesome reviews on it! Happy reading. :) My StS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am enjoying No One Else Can Have You so far and hopefully I can start Flood and Fire soon. Thanks!

      Delete
  11. Great haul! I loved Incarnate, can't wait to read Say What You Will, but I wasn't thrilled with No One Else Can Have You. I hope you enjoy all your new pretties!

    Thanks for stopping by The Book Hookup.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really want to read Incarnate, but I've yet to get a copy and I have Fire and Flood as well and I'm really excited to check it out :) Great haul and thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great haul. I really want to read Fire & Flood, it looks so good. I hope you enjoy your books :) My STS.

    ReplyDelete