Thursday, January 2, 2014

January Random Read: Touch of Frost

Random Reads

This is a meme hosted by Sarah at imlovingbooks.com. You can choose to use Goodreads or create your own list or use your bookshelves.  The idea is to use random.org and type in the number of books on your list. Whatever number you receive is your random read for the month. I have decided  to use the books on my Kindle as my list. I buy or get free far too many books on my Kindle and then never read them. I last finished a Random Read in July and then failed the two months after that, so I am finally trying again! I love this challenge, because I usually get a book I have long overlooked. The number of books on my Kindle stands at 411. Really!?! My number for this month is...392, which is Touch of Frost by Jennifer Estep. I vaguely remember purchasing this.
Touch of Frost (Mythos Academy, #1)
K-Teen

It sounds pretty good, kinda Harry Potterish and Percy Jackson like, since it is a school of myths and magic. I am excited to give it a try! My review is here.

10 comments:

  1. I am new to this meme...and it is making me feel inadequate! My Goodreads TBR list is only 202 items long! My random number took me back to the beginning of my list. I haven't read A Touch of Frost, but I vaguely remember hearing it was good...Hope you enjoy it (or at least feel a sense of satisfaction in clearing off a book!) ~Megan
    http://wp.me/pzUn5-1Nt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I pick up too many free and cheap ebooks which is why my number is mid range. 202 is still a high number. ;) I am hoping to finish each month.

      Delete
  2. Welcome back! I hope you love Touch of Frost!

    You can find my January Random Read HERE.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a fan of Ms. Estep,.. I do love the cover though :D
    MINE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not for sure about the book. It has pretty mixed reviews. I like the premise of the book, but this is my first book by her.

      Delete
  4. I really enjoyed this series, I finally got all caught up on it! Its a quick, fun read...a cross between Hex Hall, Percy Jackson, and like you said, HP. I love mythology, so I'm partial to any book that includes it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am liking it so far. I love myths too and twists on the stories, so the plot sounded good to me.

      Delete
  5. I think I have this book on my list too, it sounds pretty good! I hope you enjoy it and good luck this month! I know you can do it. :) I also love it when random.org picks a really old book because it's kind of like a sense of fulfillment to finally be reading it after being ignored on my list for so long. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have had this one for awhile, so was glad to see it. Thanks for hosting!

      Delete