Sunday, January 5, 2014

Classic Double Challenge 2014



This challenge is hosted by Melissa at One Librarian's Book Reviews (1lbr). The idea is to read a classic book or original story, fairy tale, or mythology and compare that to a retelling or a book that relates to the classic story. Melissa lists several options on her site, which you can go to by clicking the image at the top or on her blog's name in this post. She also has different levels you can choose to complete. This year I am trying for the Large Challenge, which is three pairs or six books. I am so excited that Melissa is doing this challenge again! I love comparing the classic to its twist and it helps motivate me to tackle some books I would not otherwise pick up. I am going to be ambitious and try for large this year, which is six books (three related sets). I know I want to read Emma and then find a match for it. I started, but did not finish the Espressologist, so I may pick that one up again to compare with Emma. I also want to read Across a Star-Swept Sea and the Scarlet Pimpernel. My other set will probably be a fairytale retelling, maybe one of the Once Upon a Time series and its original story.  Thanks again to Melissa for hosting!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah! So glad you joined up. I'll be interested in what you decide on for sure. Loved Across a Star-swept Sea :)

    ReplyDelete