Thursday, January 9, 2014

Bout of Books 9.0 Day 4

Bout of Books

Day 4 Update
Currently reading:  The Magician
Pages read: The Magician- 26 pages
Comments posted: 2
New Blogs Following-2 Writing My Own Fairy Tale, Coffee Bean Bookshelf,
Minichallenge 1 Double Date Book Challenge -- Writing My Own Fairy Tale
For this minichallenge we had to recommend two books that we think people should read together.
For this I chose Persuasion by Jane Austen and For Darkness Shows the Stars by Diana Peterfreund.
For Darkness Shows the Stars is a retelling of Persuasion in a society that is rebuilding after wars and natural disasters and is a bit dystopian. The romance in both books is beautiful and I loved them both. I did this for the Classic Double Challenge hosted by Melissa at One Librarian's Book Reviews. My review and comparison is here.
For Darkness Shows the Stars (For Darkness Shows the Stars, #1)
Balzer and Bray

The cover is also beautiful!


No comments:

Post a Comment