Wednesday, January 1, 2014

2013 Challenges Wrapup

I participated in a few year long challenges and here is how I did!
 
This challenge is hosted by Melissa at One Librarian's Book Reviews (1lbr). The idea is to read a classic book or original story, fairy tale, or mythology and compare that to a retelling or a book that relates to the classic story. I tried for the Medium Challenge, which is two pairs or four books.
Pair Number 1
Ten by Gretchen McNeil/And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie-reviewed here.
Pair Number 2 Towering by Alex Flinn/ Rapunzel by the Brothers Grimm-reviewed here.
I completed this challenge! I hope Melissa hosts this one again!

2013 Dusty Bookshelf Challenge

The Dusty Bookshelf 2013 Reading Challenge

This challenge is hosted by Jessica at Books A True Story. The goal is to read books that have been sitting on your shelves for a long time or ones on your to be read list that you may or may not own. I chose the Dust Bunny level of 5-10 books and completed 5!
1. Shatterglass by Tamora Pierce- on shelf 4 years.
2. Achieving Apollo by Rachael Leslie- on shelf for a year and a half.
3. Will of the Empress by Tamora Pierce- on shelf 5 years!
4. Austenland by Shannon Hale-on shelf 3 years.
5. Looking for Alaska by John Green- on shelf 5 years!
Jessica is not hosting this as a blog challenge this year, but I had fun the two years I did this challenge.

2013 Paranormal Reading Challenge

This is a paranormal reading challenge hosted by Megan Likes Books and Jessi at Auntie Spinelli Reads. The goal is to read at least 12 paranormal books, at least one each in different categories. I did read 13 books in this challenge, but I did not complete a book for the zombie category, so this is a partial fail.
1. Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead
2. Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick
3. Iron Daughter by Julie Kagawa
4. Full Moon Kisses by Ellen Schrieber
5. Silence by Becca Fitzpatrick
6. The Art of Wishing by Lindsay Ribar
7. The Dead and the Buried by Kim Harrington
8. Onyx by Jennifer Armentrout
9. Opal by Jennifer Armentrout
10. Monstrous Beauty by Elizabeth Fama
11. Once a Witch by Colleen MacCullough
12. Dealing with Dragons by Patricia Wrede
13. House of Hades by Rick Riordan 

2013 Sequel Challenge

This was hosted by Jessi at Auntie Spinelli Reads.
1. Iron Daughter by Julie Kagawa
 2. Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick
 3. Goddess Inheritance by Aimee Carter
 4. Full Moon Kisses by Ellen Schrieber
 5. Silence by Becca Fitzpatrick
 6. Onyx by Jennifer Armentrout
 7. Prodigy by Marie Lu
 8. Opal by Jennifer Armentrout
 9. Die for Her by Amy Plum
10. Always a Witch by Colleen MacCullough
11. Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy by Ally Carter
12. House of Hades by Rick Riordan
I wanted to finish twelve and I did!

2013 Fairy Tales Retold Reading Challenge

Photobucket
I signed up for the 2013 Fairy Tales Retold Challenge hosted by Debz Bookshelf! My goal was to conquer the Lady in Waiting level and read 5 books. I was able to finish 6 books! I am participating in this challenge again in 2014!
1. The Night Dance by Suzanne Weyn
2. The Crimson Thread by Suzanne Weyn
3. Beauty Sleep by Cameron Dokey
4. Rapunzel Untangled by Cindy Bennett
5. Towering by Alex Flinn
6. Hero by Althea Kontis

2013 Telling Tales Challenge



This was hosted by Bex at An Armchair by the Sea. I tried for Troll Under the Bridge Level, which is 5 books and finished 6 books!
 My books for this challenge:
1. The Night Dance by Suzanne Weyn
2. The Crimson Thread by Suzanne Weyn
3. Beauty Sleep by Cameron Dokey
4. Rapunzel Untangled by Cindy Bennett
5. Towering by Alex Flinn
6. Hero by Althea Kontis

2013 New Authors Challenge
 The New Authors Challenge is hosted by Jackie at Literary Escapism. The idea is to find new authors that you haven't tried to read in the past. You can pick 15, 25, or 50 new authors. I tried for 15 authors and after looking back through my compiled books read list I finished with 18, however I forgot to link up any reviews, so this was only a partial success.
1. Ten by Gretchen McNeil
2. Art of Wishing by Lindsay Ribar
3. Jinx by Sage Blackwood
4. Rapunzel Untangled by Cindy Bennett
5. Wild Song by Jane Eagland
6. Professor Gargoyle by Charles Gilman
7. My Soul to Take by Rachel Vincent
8. Monstrous Beauty by Elizabeth Fama
9. Once a Witch by Colleen MacCullough
10. Shelter by Harlan Coben
11. Unstoppable by Tim Gree
12. Mrs. Miracle by Debbie Macomber
13. Along for the Ride by Sarah Dessen
14. Day of Doom by David Baldacci
15. Achieving Apollo by Rachael Leslie
16. Pretty Little Liars by Sara Shepard
17. Astronaut Wives Club by Lily Koppel
18. Dealing with Dragons by Patricia Wrede
 
I will be posting my wrapup for the Book Bingo soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment