Sunday, December 15, 2013

Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen- short review

I don't think there is much I can add about the storyline or even reviewing the book, since everyone in the world has read it. I can finally say I have read it too! I love the movies and the mini-series and I am surprised I waited this long to read it. It was absolutely wonderful! I love how well the BBC mini-series with Colin Firth matched this story and I love the 2005 version with Kiera Knightly too.

Jane Austen's satire on her time and the way men and women in a well-to-do country society behaves is a classic for good reason. You can't help falling in love with the characters and wanting them to triumph in love.

Favorite Character: Jane, she is so sweet and loving and never has a harsh word for anyone. However like most people I identify more with Elizabeth and her snarkiness and pride in herself. 
Favorite Quotes: "I cannot fix on the hour, or the spot, or the look, or the words, which laid the foundation. It is too long ago. I was in the middle before I knew that I had begun." This is the perfect description of falling in love and staying there.
"Till this moment, I never knew myself." I just love this line and have felt this way on a number of occasions!

This is of course a 5 cups of cocoa book! This is definitely in the top 10 of my favorite reads ever and I can't believe it took me this long to pick it up and read!

No comments:

Post a Comment