Tuesday, December 17, 2013

End of the Year Read-a-thon Mini-challenges

 

Spine Poetry: Hosted by Lori @ Writing My Own FairyTale
You must use book spines to make a poem and you can only use books that you read in 2013.You can include as many extra words in your poem as books that you use.
 
Here is my poem:
Full Moon Kisses
Dirty Little Secrets
The Art of Wishing
Beauty Sleep

Seasonal Challenge: Hosted by Michelle @ Book Briefs
Recommend a book good for a snow day
 
I had to read this for one of my history classes about writing a narrative and how we use "evidence" and sources. I loved the storytelling in it along with the lessons I learned.
 
Recommend a book good for a rainy day
 The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1)
One of my all time favorites. It reminds me of a slightly stormy day.
 
Recommend a book good for a beach day
 Austenland (Austenland, #1)
It is just a nice and quick read, perfect for the beach!
 
Recommend a book good for a spooky night
I Hunt Killers (Jasper Dent, #1)
One of the most terrifying books I have ever read! I don't like horror or serial killer books and this one gave me lots of nightmares, but this one hooks you.


Song Challenge: Hosted by Tanya @ BookLovingHippo

I am going to pick Hero by Althea Kontis and the song Roar by Katy Perry. Sunday seems to think she is the only one not special in her family and that she has ruined everything at the beginning of the story, but she becomes the hero she is meant to be.


No comments:

Post a Comment