Saturday, November 9, 2013

The Monster Read-a-thon

thon



This is hosted by Kate and Kristen @ Book Monsters. Since I am not doing so great with my reading lately, I think it is definitely time for another read-a-thon! As far as the reviewing goes, we will see if I can actually finish some books. Since I am doing booktalks with the high school librarian next month and we really need to decide on books, I will be focusing at least the first part of the week on these. We are going to do a March Madness reading challenge and present our "teams," aka books and characters. Books may come and go, if I realize they are not going to work, but for now this is the list:

For booktalks:
Unstoppable by Tim Green-finished!
Along for the Ride by Sarah Dessen
Dirty Little Secrets by CJ Omololu- reread and finished!

For fun:
Midnight in Austenland by Shannon Hale
Splintered by A. G. Howard
Champion by Marie Lu

I also realize it is November and I need to finish up some of  year-long challenges. I still have to find several Everybody has read this, but you books and a few new authors. Good luck everyone with the reading and thanks to Book Monsters for hosting. I will do an update post soon!

2 comments:

  1. Love the idea of March Madness with books! I bet high school students will love that! I haven't read any of Dessen's books, but have been meaning to. You have Champion? Is that out? I really should go find that one... love that series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am excited about it. It was the high school librarian's idea and she asked me for help. Champion just came out Tuesday and the county library where I live had it, so I couldn't resist. It still has not come in at my work library. Legend is one of the books I am booktalking, so I want to know how the series ends before I do.

      Delete