Friday, November 1, 2013

R.I.P. VIII Wrap-up

RIP8main300

This challenge is hosted by Carl at Stainless Steel Droppings and runs from September 1 through October 31. I was able to finish four book, well five if you count House of Hades. Even though these books would probably not creep out anyone else, they were as scary and/or suspense as I can stand!
1. Always a Witch by Colleen MacCullough
2. Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman
3. Teacher's Pest by Charles Gilman
4. Something Borrowed, Someone Dead by MC Beaton- no review
5. House of Hades by Rick Riordan

I also read all of the short stories by Poe that are in the Nevermore Poe Collection. I had never read William Wilson before and it had Poe's usual twisted ending. I still like Tell-Tale Heart the best, because the guy just had to tell what he did. This collection also included the Raven, which is one of my favorite poems, perfectly sad and creepy! Thanks to Carl for hosting and I hope to do this again next year!

2 comments:

  1. Hmm, you make me want to read some Poe...and that's not something I say often!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't read very many classics, but I love to read Poe in October!

      Delete