Sunday, October 6, 2013

Stacking the Shelves # 8

STSmall

Stacking the Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews and is a meme for sharing books you've purchased, borrowed, or been sent for review. They can be physical or e-format.
It has been a long time since I posted one of these! I went a few weeks without new books and so I thought I would wait until I had a few new things to share. I was also really sad about the cat, so little blogging, reading, and buying done in the last month.

Library:
Fangirl  Searching for Dragons (Enchanted Forest Chronicles, #2)  Don't Judge a Girl by Her Cover (Gallagher Girls, #3)

Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell ( I have seen nothing but positive reviews about this book, so I am excited to read it.)
Searching for Dragons by Patricia Wrede (I hope to review the first book really soon. It was a fun read with a strong heroine.)
Don't Judge a Girl by Her Cover by Ally Carter (I love both of her series and she is another one who creates really strong female leads.)


Bought:
 Confessions of a Prairie Bitch: How I Survived Nellie Oleson and Learned to Love Being Hated  My Own Mr. Darcy
Confessions of a Prairie...by Alison Arngrim (1.99 Amazon Kindle Monthly Deal) Even though it has one of my least favorite words in the title, I had to purchase this. I read Melissa Gilbert's biography and loved learning more about their lives on and off the set.

My Own Mr. Darcy by Karey White (I have seen this on several blogs with really good reviews, so I had to purchase it.)


Won:
Teardrop (Teardrop, #1)
Teardrops by Lauren Kate from Jen at YA Romantics. I loved the Fallen series, so I am super excited to receive this one! I participated in the Tackle Your TBR read-a-thon and Jen hosted a Book Pairing challenge, which was really fun. Thanks again Jen, you are awesome!

Review: Thanks to Harlequin Teen, Abrams, Entangled, Dial, Netgalley, and Edelweiss for these great books!

Pawn (The Blackcoat Rebellion, #1) The Iron Traitor (The Iron Fey: Call of the Forgotten, #2) Unhinged (Splintered, #2) Olivia Twisted What I Thought Was True

Pawn by Aimee Carter (Harlequin Teen) I loved the Goddess Test series and read them all as egalleys and read them all before they released, so I was super excited to see this one.
Iron Traitor by Julie Kagawa (Harlequin Teen) I am getting close to the end of the Iron Fey series, so I can't wait to start the Call of the Forgotten series.
Unhinged by A.G. Howard (Abrams)  and I was also auto-approved for Abrams, so very exciting! I read Alice in Wonderland and I really want to start reading all the great retellings and twists on the story. I know this is a favorite series, so I was excited to get this one.
Olivia Twisted by Vivi Barnes (Entangled) This is a retelling of Oliver Twist, one of my favorite classics!
What I Thought Was True by Huntley Fitzpatrick (Dial) The teens that come into the library love The Boy Next Door, so I just had to request this one, so I could booktalk it!

I also received a paper galley of Rags and Bones from Little, Brown. I think this will work as a great pairing with the original tales. This has some great authors and I will have to read some classic short stories to see how they compare.


I hope you got some great books!

3 comments:

  1. I have almost finished Pawn and so far I am really loving it, so hope you enjoy! Great haul!

    My STS

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to read Teardrop. I got Pawn as well, and I'm hoping to get approved for Unhinged! Enjoy them! :)

    My STS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you enjoy Teardrop :)

    I just loved Fangirl. There was this part that (weirdly) reminded me of a Little House on the Prairie scene -- I see that you are a fan, so maybe you can tell me if you know what I'm talking about, or if I'm just delusional….

    Jen @ YA Romantics

    ReplyDelete