Sunday, September 22, 2013

Liebster Award



Joana from Joana in the Sky with Books nominated me for this award. I hadn't really heard of it, but it is a neat idea!

The Liebster Award is a way to help blogs you like with less than 200 followers. It's a way to give them some deserved attention so our followers can discover them as well.

Rules:
  • Link back the blogger that tagged you;
  • Nominate 10 others and answer the questions of the one who tagged you;
  • Ask 10 questions for the bloggers you nominate;
  • Let your nominees know of their award.
 I am going to look through my list of blogs that I follow and see if any are interested in the award. I have a few people in mind. I don't know that I will have 10, but I should be able to find a few.
Here are the questions Joanna asked: 

  1. What are you currently reading? I am reading Always a Witch and Ocean at the End of the Lane. I am trying to read a few sequels this month, but haven't finished one yet. Ocean at the End of the Lane is amazing though!
  2. Do you have any weird bookish habits? I never just read one book at a time. I have attention issues and so I need to have multiple books going at once. I also like to fuss at the characters as I read.
  3. If you could only read one book for the rest of your life, which one would it be? Definitely one of the Harry Potters and probably the first one. I still pick this book up all the time as a comfort read.
  4. Which is your favourite secondary character? This is so hard, because I tend to fall for the secondary characters, but probably Hermione. She is smart and brave, but still down to earth.
  5. What is your main blogging goal at the moment? To post regularly. I can go a week without posting and then post three times in one day, so I really need to work on my posting skills.
  6. Do you prefer series or stand-alones? Series, because I get attached to the characters and want to stick with them.
  7. What made you decide to create a blog? Originally to keep track of the books I read, so that I could booktalk them to patrons and students. I still do this, but it is more for my enjoyment now.
  8. If you could meet any author, who would you choose? Gosh, this is going to be an HP themed post, but definitely JK Rowling. I admire her for overcoming her depression and for never giving up.
  9. What has been your happiest moment as a blogger? Meeting people who enjoy books as much as I do. I love seeing how other people interact with books and how they share and support each other.
  10. What made you want to start a blog? I wanted to keep track of the books I read with short summaries to help with reader's advisory and booktalking.
People I am nominating: These are three of my favorite blogs to follow!
Rachael @ Rachael Turns Pages
Jenna @ Book Beats
Francine @ Bookworm in Boots Always Lost in Books

If anyone else is interested in being nominated let me know. I didn't want to nominate someone who does not want to do awards and if I nominated you and you are not interested, that is completely cool! 

Here are my questions:
1. Who is your favorite author?
2. What book do you wish you had read as a child?
3. What is your favorite reread?
4. What are you currently reading?
5. Why did you start blogging?
6. What popular book has been one you just couldn't stand or was hard for you to finish?
7. What book would you love to listen to as an audio and who would be your ideal narrator?
8. When do you read the most?
9. What is your favorite book and drink combination?
10. What book or author do you wish more people would read?

Thanks again to Joana for nominating me! 



   

1 comment:

  1. Sarah you are so incredibly sweet. I don't know when I will get around to typing up this post, but this is such an honor. It is going to be so hard to choose blogs to nominate.

    ReplyDelete