Saturday, August 10, 2013

Stacking the Shelves #6


STSmall

Stacking the Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews and is a meme for sharing books you've purchased, borrowed, or been sent for review. They can be physical or e-format.

Bought
Shut Out
Poppy
 Shut Out by Kody Keplinger - on sale


Library

 The Book Whisperer: Awakening the Inner Reader in Every Child    Infinityglass (Hourglass, #3)

The Book Whisperer by Donalyn Miller- I have heard this is really good. I am going to need help with my booktalking skills for this fall.

Infinityglass by Myra McEntire- I am so excited to finally get to read this book! I loved the first two and can't wait to start this one.

Review
From Netgalley and Open Road


Wanted by Caroline B. Cooney

From Edelweiss













From Putnam Juvenile: Rebel Belle by Rachel Hawkins- I liked her Hex Hall series and loved School Spirits.

 











From Viking Juvenile: The Edge of the Water by Elizabeth George and Once Upon a Midnight Eerie by Gordon McAlpine- I really enjoyed the first book in the Misadventures of Edgar and Allan Poe and thought it would be great for upper elementary readers.
 













From Philomel: Starling by Fiona Paul, The Inventor's Secret by Andrea Cremer, and The Nethergrim by Matthew Jobin.














From Razorbill: The Lonesome Young by Lucy Connors and The Museum of Intangible Things by Wendy Wunder.




 










From Kathy Dawson Books: The Forbidden Library by Django Wexler and Nearly Gone by Elle Cosimano.
Thanks to all the publishers!

Hope everyone had a great book week!

7 comments:

  1. Every time I'd scroll down and see a new book, I found a new one I wanted to comment about. And while I won't name them all, am really excited about Rebel Belle. And while I don't know much about Wanted, used to love Caroline B. Cooney in high school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by my blog! Shut Out is actually a really great chick lit book. If you're looking for something fun and contemporary, it's a great read! Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really cool haul. I like these :)

    new follower via gfc & bloglovin

    http://www.itchingforbooks.com/2013/08/stacking-shelves-50.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great haul! I've heard great things about Shut Out, and though I own it, I haven't gotten to it yet. I also got Rebel Belle this week. I'm absolutely in love with the cover & a blogger friend said it was fantastic.

    Enjoy all your new pretties!

    ♥ Christina @ The Book Hookup's StS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh you got some great books this week. I won Shut Out last year but still need to read it - oops! I hope you enjoy all your new books! :-)

    ~Marie @ Ramblings of a Daydreamer
    My Book Haul

    ReplyDelete
  6. Damn, what a great haul! Personally, I'm really looking forward to Starling. :)

    Here's mine

    -New GFC & Bloglovin follower.

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so jealous of Rebel Belle. I'm dying to read that one. Happy reading!

    My STS.

    ReplyDelete