Sunday, August 18, 2013

Bout of Books 8.0 Goals post

Bout of Books

The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, August 19th and runs through Sunday, August 25th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 8.0 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team


My reading list:
Infinityglass by Myra McEntire
Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein
Will of the Empress by Tamora Pierce


eARCs
Hero by Althea Kontis
Chaos of Stars by Kiersten White
Risked by Margaret Peterson Haddix
Island of Fire by Lisa McMann

Rereads:
Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince by JK Rowling
The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan


My goal is to read 300 pages, find a few new blogs to follow, comment on 10 blogs, and do at least two mini-challenges. With a full work week and a very sick/possibly dying cat, I am going to keep my goals small, because I may not be in the mood to read at all. What is on your reading list?

4 comments:

  1. Wow! You have a great list of books there!
    Infinityglass and The Chaos of Stars both sound fantastic!
    That's a shame about your cat :( I hope it gets better!
    Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry to read about your cat! My two cats have diabetes and I just found out one only has about a year to live. It is very very hard. I even have a blog about them http://catsdiabetes.blogspot.com/

    Ok that was totally off topic... so good luck with your reading goals!

    Angie

    My Bout of Books Goals

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We have struggled with diabetes with the cat too and probably will again now she is back on steroids for her asthma if we can get her eating and drinking again.

      Delete