Thursday, August 1, 2013

August Random Read

 Random Reads
 This is a meme hosted by Sarah at imlovingbooks.com. You can choose to use Goodreads or create your own list or use your bookshelves. The idea is to use random.org and type in the number of books on your list. Whatever number you receive is your random read for the month. I have decided  to use the books on my Kindle as my list. I buy or get free far too many books on my Kindle and then never read them. I now have 343 books on my Kindle, wow, really?! I may have a problem... ;) My number for this month was 80 which is Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein. I have wanted to read this for awhile, so I am excited about my pick. I also attended a webinar during SummerTeen where Wein was one of the speakers, so I really wanted to start one of her books, so this is perfect. World War II female spies caught sounds really intriguing, but also sad, because spies were tortured and killed by both sides.  I love all the varied covers of this book! Hope you got a good pick!

Code Name Verity
Egmont Press




2 comments:

  1. Someone just recently highly recommended this book to me - I can't wait to see what you think!

    You can see my Random Read here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have heard many good things about this one - I need to read it soon :) Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete