Monday, July 1, 2013

Summer Lovin' Read-a-thon "Class Orientation" post


My name is Sarah and I am a Children's and Teen Librarian and the Assistant Director at my hometown library. I order all the materials, except Large Print at the library. I decided to start blogging in order to find new books to read and order and to keep track of the books I read. I have always been a reader and played librarian at a very early age. I used to actually put holders in my books with cards to have people sign and date when they "checked out" books. My favorite genre is YA and I read mainly fantasy books.

My goals are:
1. To have fun!
2. To try and read 3 books.
3. Find new blogs to follow.
4. To participate in mini-challenges and maybe a Twitter chat.

Reading list: Updated
My reading list will include the following:
Monstrous Beauty by Elizabeth Fama (my Random Read for the month)
The Elite by Kiera Cass
Pretty Little Liars by Sara Shepard
Opal by Jennifer Armentrout
Girl with the Iron Touch by Kady Cross
My Soul to Take by Rachel Vincent

Middle Grade fiction
The Slither Sisters by Charles Gilman
The Tell-Tale Start by Gordon McAlphine

Audiobook
Will of the Empress by Tamora Pierce

12 comments:

  1. Wow! That is a lot to read in one week! Good luck :)

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be lucky if I get through three books, but I am going to try!

      Delete
  2. You're a librarian where your job is to order books at your library? I so want your job!
    I haven't read any books by Rachel Vincent yet, but I've heard that her Soul Screamers series is SO good.
    Hope you enjoy all the books you're planning on reading & happy readathon! (:

    Kelly @ Effortlessly Reading

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is one of the best parts of the job. That and finding books for children to read. Good luck on your reading!

      Delete
  3. Hi Sarah! Your reading list sounds really good. I still haven't read Opal yet (I'm so bad at keeping up with some series...). And I've got Monstrous Beauty on my TBR list, I hear it's really good.

    Good luck with your goals, and happy Summer Lovin'! :D

    ~ Nikki @ There were books involved...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to meet you.
    I really want to read some of Jenn Armentrout stuff. I just haven't yet.
    I like your goals -- especially the have fun. Good luck reaching your goals.

    New follower via bloglovini

    Jen @ Book Beats

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Good luck to you too!

      Delete
  5. I love your goals. Best of luck with your reading. I will be sure to look for your updates.
    - Belle

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always thought that I might like to be a librarian someday. What could be better than working with books all day!!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is pretty fun! Some days the patrons can be a little iffy, but the books are always good. ;)

      Delete