Saturday, July 27, 2013

Stacking the Shelves #4

 
STSmall

Stacking the Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews and is a meme for sharing books you've purchased, borrowed, or been sent for review. They can be physical or e-format. I went just a little overboard this week in review books this week, because of SummerTeen. SummerTeen is an online conference of sorts, mainly for librarians, where we can chat with authors, publishers, and attend webinars to count for continuing education credit. School Library Journal hosts the event and several publishers help sponsor the event, so that librarians can attend for free! These publishers have some of their authors come and chat with librarians and the publishers also giveaway free egalleys. My favorite part was the keynote speaker, Tamora Pierce, who was amazing!

Won:
I participated in the Hot Summer Reads Read-a-thon and won Jen @ YA Romantics prize of a $15 gift card to Amazon. I purchased Game by Barry Lyga. I am listening to the audio for review for SLJ, and I love having the print copy to follow along and to spell names correctly. The first book gave me nightmares, so I am sure this one will too!


Game (Jasper Dent, #2)
Little, Brown Young Readers
I also won an e-copy of the Boys of Summer by C J Duggan from Jennifer @ Some Like It Paranormal as part of a mini-challenge she hosted for Hot Summer Reads Read-a-thon.

The Boys of Summer (Summer, #1)
CJ Duggan

So thanks to Jen and Jennifer!
For Review:

Review from Edelweiss: Thanks to Simon and Schuster, EgmontUSA, and Edelweiss for these great titles!
Simon and Schuster
EgmontUSA
EgmontUSA


Review from Netgalley: This was the big haul from SummerTeen. Thanks to Little, Brown Books, Penguin Young Readers, Putnam Juvenile, Candlewick Press, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Children's Books, Disney-Hyperion, and Netgalley for these great titles! I was really excited to get Hero by Althea Kontis, because I really liked Enchanted. I also got to participate in a chat with Jennifer Lynn Barnes and now I really want to read The Naturals!

From Little, Brown Books
 
   

 

From Penguin Young Readers
   
 
From Putnam Juvenile


From Candlewick Press
   

   

From Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Children's Books
  

From Disney-Hyperion
  
 












8 comments:

  1. Oh My Goodness, so many books! I also won the boys of summer :) Great haul!

    Janina
    My Haul!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, love all the books! I had I Hunt Killers in my hand but I didn't end up buying it-too bad! Enjoy your new reads!

    My Stacking the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, wow. What a haul! Congrats on the wins. I've read The Boys of Summer and really enjoyed it. I also got White Space and The Shadow Prince. So excited to read them. I'm dying for a copy of These Broken Stars, having had it on my TBR since before the cover was even revealed. Hope you enjoy all you new reads.

    Raina @ The LUV'NV

    ReplyDelete
  4. i did SummerTeen too so we have a lot of the same books! i really enjoyed listening to tamora pierce and she answered my question about her books' covers towards the end of the keynote so that was AWESOME.

    my StS

    -michelle @ Michelle & Leslie's Book Picks

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! So many great books -- where do I begin? First off, I am so jealous that you have Just One Year! I can't wait to read that one to get Will's perspective. It's going to be so good! And The Boys of Summer! I saw that one on a few blogs and it looked really good -- yay for winning a copy!

    I thought about getting that A. S. King book, but I haven't read any of her work -- even though I've heard really good things about Ask the Passengers. I look forward to seeing your thoughts on Reality Boy!

    Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These Broken Stars is suppose to be really good. I hope you love all your new books. Come see me here:

    http:// gracebooksoflove.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for Game! I still have to read it, but I loved I Hunt Killers.
    I've also heard nothing but good things about These Broken Stars. I hope you enjoy that one.
    Happy reading! (:

    My STS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing haul! The Game, Coldest Girl in Coldtown, Black Spring, Frozen, Hero...should I go on with all the books that are already on my want-to-read list? Honestly great books here. I also got These Broken Stars recently as one of my books! Happy Reading!
    Here were my newest additions.

    ReplyDelete